Location: Multimatic Indiana - Butler, Butler, Indiana, United States
Now Hiring! Text "Jobs" to (833) 258-0770
Why Work For Multimatic?
- New Benefits & New Wage Structure!
- Great benefits (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-off, Profit Sharing, & Matching 401k plan)
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT road and race cars, Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers).
Location: Multimatic Indiana - 201 RE Jones Road Butler, Indiana 46721, Phone: 260-868-1000, Email: [email protected]
At Multimatic we are looking for associates that can reason, innovate, create and drive success. We want a team that is passionate about manufacturing with the latest technology and materials such as UHSS, Al, Hot forming and other composites.
The Indiana facility provides steel structural components and assemblies to a wide variety of customers and global platforms. Our core competencies are roll forming, robotics, complex assemblies, MIG, LASER welding, LASER cutting, projection/spot welding, glue/adhesive application, value added stamping, and ACCRA technology (similar to hot stamping) The main focus of this job will be with hot forming processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Feasibility study, estimate, quote, evaluate, specify and purchase capital equipment and tooling for new programs or modifications to existing programs to budget.
- Interact and direct vendors to provide equipment and tooling to our hot form standards and performance expectations.
- Launch equipment and tooling to production floor and support on-going production throughout program cycle.
- Ability to develop time lines and maintain through follow up
- Ability to troubleshoot through root cause analysis and provide technical support for daily plant operations.
- Develop and maintain process documentation and assist with quality documentation.
- Understand and perform tolerance stack ups. Solid understanding of GD &T and datum scheme.
- Investigate and Implement cost reductions through process improvements.
- Record lessons learned and revise system documentation to reduce reoccurrence.
- Responsible for producing CAD drawings when required.
- Maintains plant layout for efficient product flow within equipment
- Maintain and organize drawing database – CAD and hard copies.
- Establish and maintain spare parts inventories.
- Lead the Hot forming team including techs to optimize the hot forming lines.
- Works directly with skilled trades, program managers and quality engineers.
- Manage and execute actions from ECN/ECR system.
- Will perform audits and insure compliance with CQI9 or Hot form related customer specifics.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering
- Technical degree with experience. Very strong hands on candidate with 2 + years of applicable experience
- Experience in high volume steel processing/manufacturing a plus
- Previous experience in hot stamping or Hot Forming.
- Ability to solve problems through logic and removing road blocks
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Knowledge of Solid Works CAD system a plus
- Basic knowledge or above in material transfer/metallurgy.
Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com or E-mail Butle[email protected]. Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.