Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Multimatic Indiana - New Haven, Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Multimatic Indiana - New Haven is a relatively new facility in Fort Wayne, manufacturing specialized, high-strength steel structural components for automotive OEMs.
Multimatic Indiana - New Haven is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to provide technical, supervision and consultation services for the design, engineering, manufacturing and quality departments utilizing current and new techniques to ensure first-time capabilities and achieve the company commitment of superior part quality and reliability.
Why Work For Multimatic?
- Great benefits (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-off, & 401k)
- An excellent opportunity to be part of a new plant start-up from the onset
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT road and race cars, Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers).
Multimatic Indiana - New Haven
2808 Adams Center Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana USA 46803
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical liaison services between manufacturing and quality on all matters relating to quality systems, procedures, direction, processes, including Quality Assurance implementation and Maintenance
- Responsible for activities related to the identification, tracking and resolving of all quality problems
- Must be able to coordinate metrology activity with requirements for manufactured parts and fixtures
- Provide technical liaison and consultation services for Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Purchasing to assure effective communication, coordination and interaction
- Evaluate and develop, as required, quality requirements and maintain world-class technological advancements compatible with company needs
- Evaluate engineering designs to assure that the engineering direction is compatible with world-class manufacturing processes to assure first-time capability with superior part quality
- Organize and direct interaction of all customer complaints to provide ongoing communication with timely involvement, review and action to address these issues
- Review prints and specifications to ensure quality reliability requirements are addressed; track engineering changes through the system
- Review and evaluate the adequacy of Control Plans and provide advice/assistance to obtain compliance, e.g., Analysis, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, acceptance sampling, etc.
- Provide assistance as needed in performing capability studies and process potential studies
- Participate in all customer quality audits
- Lead prototype efforts in area to assure customer requirements are met
- Develop and lead PPAPs on newer modified products
- Develop IATF 16949 cascading documents (process flow, FMEA, Control plans, check sheets, etc.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or science, or similar equivalent degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum eight (8) to ten (10) years' experience in the quality field
- Proven experience with customer interaction with FCA & Ford customer base
- Working knowledge of IATF 16949 procedures
- Technical Data Analysis experience required