Location: Multimatic Michigan, Jackson, Michigan, United States
Multimatic Michigan, part of the Multimatic group of companies, is a new facility located in Jackson, Michigan. Our core strength is manufacturing fully engineered, high-quality components and assemblies for high-volume as well as niche vehicle manufacturers. Multimatic Michigan uses advanced proprietary manufacturing processes.
Multimatic Michigan is currently looking for a Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) who will report to the Plant Manager. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for directing all plant activities on the shift to maintain established production requirements, and will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws, while maintaining good communication with other supervisors and managers.
2400 Enterprise St. Unit D
Jackson, Michigan, 49203
- Planning, assigning, and directing all production activity and associates
- Training production operators on work instructions, and processing procedures
- Prioritizing production requirements assessing labor requirement vs. actual headcount
- Monitoring quality of product being built
- Conducting shift meetings to discuss objectives and relay important information to production associates
- Providing written communications through shift update emails
- Establishing effective communication with all associates
- Responsible for production associates' performance reviews on an annual basis
- Responsible for ensuring all company policies are carried out
- Ensuring appropriate PPE is provided and worn by employees
- Directing material handlers to any part shortages on the process and assist them with line changes
- In the event of an accident, assisting with administration of first aid, and compilation of accident/incident reports.
- Leading and facilitating corrective action and continuous improvement teams
- Coaching production associates and completing Conduct and Corrective Action reports when necessary
- Responsible for the approval and management of days-off requests from production associates
- Responsible for the daily approval of employee time cards and accurate completion of all attendance paperwork
- Ensuring production associates are adequately trained on their jobs, and training associates when needed
- Meeting daily, or as needed, with other supervisors and management staff to review all production activities
- Working in compliance with IATF16949, ISO14001, all legislative requirements of MIOSHA and being accountable for specific Health & Safety responsibilities
- Minimum (2) years' supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably automotive)
- Must be available to work 2nd shift (3PM-11PM)
- Experience with welding, robotics, and assembly methods would be an asset
- Lean manufacturing experience required
- Ability to read and write documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
- Ability to motivate employees
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Flexibility to work overtime as required
- Excellent problem solving techniques
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Computer skills in the area of MS Office, other programs as required
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, and drug screen
Multimatic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your professional experience, and salary expectations.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.