Summer Engineering Intern
Location: Multimatic Indiana - New Haven, Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Multimatic is a global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s success has been fueled by its ability to attract and motivate a team of highly skilled and passionate individuals who want to make a difference.With expanding facilities around the world, including in Canada, the US, the UK, Germany, Mexico, Japan and China, there is always room in Multimatic’s growing team for people who share a dedication to technical excellence, quality and enthusiasm.
Multimatic New Haven is seeking several Summer Engineering Interns interested in the automotive manufacturing field who desire to join an energetic and dedicated team that launched a new facility in 2017 with all new equipment and new product lines. We’re not in the commodity market, but rather innovation manufacturing. We are heavily into structures, suspensions and motorsports. Locally, we are into body structures using a variety of non-conventional manufacturing means. We have a patented process that allows us to manufacture lighter and stronger products that will aide in today’s need for improved gas mileage and crash performance.
Why Work For Multimatic?
- Outstanding culture that values its associates, promotes growth and continuing education.
- Excellent wage rate for our interns.
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT road and race cars.
- Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers).
Multimatic Indiana - New Haven 2808 Adams Center Road Fort Wayne, Indiana USA 46803
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Engineering Intern will be assigned a mentor who will outline various project work/tasks associated with plant operations that may include continuous improvement projects and/or scrap reduction initiatives. Each project with have targeted deliverables with a timeline. At the conclusion of the internship; the intern will prepare and present a brief PowerPoint presentation of their experiences, roadblocks, successes, opportunities and their overall experience at Multimatic New Haven. The following are examples of potential areas of assignment:
• Product Launch Support • CAD work • Weld Studies (TIG, Inline laser, MIG) • Cycle time studies • Material flow improvements • Conducting Kaizen events • Floor layout • Projects will consist of time at the desk, on the production floor and in and around equipment.
- Pursuing a B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Weld, Robotic Engineering or Design Engineering.