Tool and Die Maker
Location: Multimatic Indiana - New Haven, Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Multimatic is a global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. Multimatic Indiana - New Haven is a company facility located in Fort Wayne, manufacturing specialized, high-strength steel structural components for automotive OEMs.
Multimatic Indiana - New Haven has multiple openings for Tool & Die Makers for all shifts who will maintain and repair dies and machine tooling, as well as implement all related preventative maintenance programs. This position has the potential to evolve into a Group Lead role. Relocation Assistance available.
Why Work For Multimatic?
- New Benefits & New Wage Structure
- Great benefits on first day of employment (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-off, Person Time Off, Profit Sharing, & Matching 401k plan)
- An excellent opportunity to be part of a new product launch
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT road and race cars, Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers).
- Educational Tuition Assistance - Apprenticeship Program, Continuing Educational Opportunities
Multimatic Indiana - New Haven 2808 Adams Center Road Fort Wayne, Indiana USA 46803
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair, maintain and make engineering changes to all tooling (dies & die details) and fixtures
- Assist technical services in machine repair, changeover, setup and operation as required
- Safely operate all tool-room equipment
- Have ability to assemble and disassemble tooling, dies and gauges
- Troubleshoot and resolve tooling problems
- Work with various materials such as tool steels, plastics, aluminum, and copper
- Able to program & operate CNC equipment
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Journeyman’s certification (preferred) and/or equivalent experience
- CNC programming experience
- Candidates who have experience working in the automotive industry will have preferential consideration
- Must have or acquire personal tools to perform job assignment
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.