Location: Multimatic Indiana - New Haven, Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Multimatic Structures & Suspension has expanded its manufacturing presence in Fort Wayne, IN. We are searching for a dynamic individual who desires to join an energetic and dedicated team.
CURRENTLY, WE ARE SEARCHING FOR AN
Multimatic is a global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s success has been fueled by its ability to attract and motivate a team of highly skilled and passionate individuals who want to make a difference. With expanding facilities around the world, including in Canada, the US, the UK, Germany, Mexico, Japan and China, there is always room in Multimatic’s growing team for people who share a dedication to technical excellence, quality and enthusiasm.
Why Work For Multimatic?
- Great benefits
first day of employment; (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-off, & 401k match, Company provided Uniforms, & PPE reimbursement programs, etc.)
- Tuition Assistance for Apprenticeships & other continuing education programs
- An excellent opportunity to be part of a new plant expansion
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT road and race cars, Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers)
Multimatic New Haven
2808 Adams Center Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana USA 46803
The MRO Buyer is responsible for the administration of all MRO requirements and activities to support Production, Maintenance, Plant and Office business demands. Develop and secure commercial contracts with suppliers ensuring the supply of cost-effective quality product in a timely manner with no disruption to the day-to-day operations of the business.
This role reports to the Plant Controller. Responsibilities include planning and coordination of all planned maintenance activities performed at the site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This role requires strong administrative support.
- The role requires excellent
Excel skills and
- Determine business requirements related to production, maintenance, tooling spares, assembly spares, facilities maintenance and office supplies
- Develop a preferred supply base (reviewed annually) for common components that are consumed on a regular ongoing basis that are required to manage the business. Obtain prices via RFQ templates (E-mail) as requested
- Establish, negotiate and document annual service supply contracts in accordance with the 3 quote business practices
- Recommend sources for blanket order issuance in accordance with the approved source council business protocols
- Support Inventory control of central stores items securing contracts that ensure limited inventory carrying costs that safeguards against the loss of production due to MRO part shortages
- Provide accurate documentation to the divisions for the purposes of issuing spot buy PO’s, annual contract blanket PO’s and one-time immediate requirement PO’s
- Deliver cost reductions on an ongoing basis in accordance with the annual budget targets
- Document in centrally accessible e-files all supplier contracts, pricing and service agreements relevant to the day to day business
- Support entry of orders and new parts in (SAP) as needed
- Benchmark on a regular basis key, high use large dollar items
- Ensure suppliers provide as part of the contractual obligation's items such as: MSDS sheets for any products ordered, work permits, insurances, waste disposal documentation etc
- Collate EMS permit to work information for all current and new suppliers and add information into relevant Excel spread sheet(s)
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts and participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities as needed
- Establish price reductions with consumable suppliers in accordance with company budget targets and demands to exceed goals
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (preferred) or an Associate’s Degree and/or 2+ years’ of related experience
- Possess or in process of attaining a recognized purchasing designation (PMAC, APICS CPIM); preferred
- 2 years’ experience in strategic supply chain management, purchasing/procurement preferably in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Advanced Excel functions is required
- Knowledge & use of SAP is required
- Ability to extract, understand and analyze financial data
- The ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- A good understanding of manufacturing process, such as stamping, forging, molding, machining, electronics, etc
- Ability to develop positive relationships with internal functional groups, suppliers and customers.
- Ability to negotiate contracts and agreements
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Suite, MRP systems) and willing to learn new tools and systems to improve performance