Controls Technician - 3rd Shift
Location: Multimatic Indiana - New Haven, Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Multimatic is a global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. Multimatic Indiana - New Haven is a company facility located in Fort Wayne, manufacturing specialized, high-strength steel structural components for automotive OEMs.
Multimatic Indiana - New Haven has "new" opening for; Controls Technician for 3rd SHIFT. Selected individual will drive automation (PLCs & robotics) activity for optimized production. The successful candidate(s) will also be required to help maintain manufacturing equipment, building facilities, and support all preventative maintenance programs.
Why Work For Multimatic?
- New benefits & New wage structure
- Great benefits (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, eligibility on Day 1 of employment)
- Other benefits: Paid Time-off, Person Time Off, Profit Sharing, & Matching 401k plan, Company provided uniforms, Continuing Education Program & Apprenticeships
- An excellent opportunity to be part of a new product launch
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT Road and race cars, Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers).
Multimatic Indiana - New Haven 2808 Adams Center Road Fort Wayne, Indiana USA 46803
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and repair various types of electrical controls, drives, communications, plant power, wiring, circuits, robot paths, etc.
- Use laptop and various software programs and network interfaces to communicate with equipment
- Ability to make programming changes to PLC, HMI & robots
- Assist technical services in machine repair, changeover, set-up and operation as required
- Perform all preventative maintenance requirements as scheduled
- Have mechanical aptitude that compliments electrical capabilities
- Ability to schedule time, materials and equipment required to perform tasks, and to properly use and complete required documentation
- Support of Production as and when required
- Assist in keeping a spare parts inventory
- Have a professional customer service attitude and ability to communicate with all levels of associates
Education and/or Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years' experience with electrical training or journeyman experience or 3-5 years of related experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
Working knowledge of the following:
- ABB Robots (S4C & IRC5 Controllers)
- Motoman Robots (NX100, DX100, & DX200 Controllers)
- Minimal exposure to Fanuc and Kuka robots
- Allen Bradley PLC’s With RSLogix 500 and Studio 5000 Programming Software
- Siemens PLC’s With Step 7 Programming Software
- Allen Bradley Power Flex
- Quantum III
- Communication Protocols
- Trumpf laser experience / metal cutting using lasers is preferred