Automotive Painter / Prep Technician
Location: Multimatic Niche Vehicles NA, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Located in Markham, Ontario, Canada, Multimatic Niche Vehicles North America (MNVNA) is the exclusive production facility of the Ford GT Mk IV supercar and the Ford Bronco DR racing truck.
MNVNA is seeking Automotive Painters and Prep Technicians (Note: No License Required) who will be responsible for meticulous preparation of carbon fibre and fiberglass bodywork and application of world-class primer/paint finishes.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who desires hands-on experience with high performance vehicles, the latest in automotive technology, and has a passionate interest in automobiles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be organized and work in a safe manner, following all safety procedures
- Apply coatings to composite components using various spray methods
- Prepare components for coatings using various preparation methods
- Spot repair components using various spray methods
- Maintain shop tools and equipment including the spray facility
- Mix, spray and verify coatings to match
- Mask appropriate areas as required
- Inspect components during processing stages
- Follow work instructions and quality control processes
- Use body repair materials and methods for composite components
- Comfortable working in a dynamic team environment and providing/receiving constructive feedback
- Adhering to Multimatic’s quality-focused attitude and work culture
Training is provided as required.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in auto body finishing and repair
- Experience in spot repair using airbrush or spray gun
- Experience in colour matching
- Experience with painting two or three tone graphics across various panels
- Ability to interpret basic work instructions & follow mix ratios
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with high quality output
- An understanding of composite component construction is an asset
- Experience in manufacturing environments is an asset
To learn more about Multimatic, check out our youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psOjJIh3t90