CNC Leadhand (Night Shift)
Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Ride Dynamics (MRD) is one of the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. Multimatic Ride Dynamics is looking for a CNC Lead Hand who will assist the CNC Supervisor in the oversight of the CNC Manufacturing department. Position is available for the NIGHT shift only.
Multimatic Ride Dynamics - 1100 Stackhouse Road, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 8E4, Canada
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Schedule CNC machines according to customer requirements.
· Edit production CNC programs as required.
· Troubleshoot CNC machines to ensure that parts are produced according to quality requirements.
· Analyze out of tolerance conditions and make adjustments via tool offsets.
· Provide support to production in order to ensure a smooth production run (i.e. setup tool changes, problem solving).
· Train and assist new and existing Operators on safe machine operation, fixture load and unload proceedures, insert changes, operator preventive maintenance, and minor offset adjustments.
· Responsible for maintaining a clean, tidy and organized work area.
· Responsible to ensure that CNC PM’s are schedule and completed.
· Complete visual safety inspections and record information on the appropriate check list.
· Report any unsafe or inadequate housekeeping conditions to the supervisor.
· Assist material handlers with job preparation.
· Direct material handlers to any part shortages on the process and assist them production change over.
· Check daily operations; report any abnormalities of machinery or parts and relay operator concerns to the CNC Manufacturing Manager.
· Ensure that daily administrative paperwork is completed and filed accordingly.
· Ensure PPE is provided to all CNC department employees.
· Identify non-conformances. Stop production if necessary; purge and contain all suspect material internally.
· Follow up on the inspection of materials before the product is released to good stock.
· In the event of an accident, assist with administration of first aid. Assist with the compilation of accident and incident reports, including WSIB Form 7.
· Assist the CNC Manufacturing Manager in creating and monitoring employee return to work plans.
· Assist CNC Manufacturing Manager in new hire orientations. This includes instructing and
training new employees.
· Assist CNC Manufacturing Manager in monitoring employee performance. This includes employee problem solving ability, safety behaviors, and work habits. Assist in the completion of employee appraisals as required.
· Assist CNC Manufacturing Manager with implementation of continuous improvement activities, including GEMBA activities.
· Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Department Manager.
· Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
· Work in compliance and conform to the Environment and ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
· Adopt and practice Kaizen principles; participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum one year of experience in a leadhand position in a manufacturing environment or equivalent one year experience in CNC manufacturing.
· Must be able to perform and understand all job functions of a CNC operator.
· Knowledge of metal cutting and machining process.
· Knowledge of machining and blue print reading.
· Knowledge of metrology and measuring equipment.
· Knowledge of SPC.
· Knowledge of the OHSA.
· Training in first aid, production methodology and practices.
· Ability to coach, counsel, discipline, and motivate employees as required.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent problem solving ability.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is February 29th 2024