Supplier Quality Assurance Inspector
Location: Multimatic Niche Manufacturing UK, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
The SQA Inspector plays a crucial role working closely alongside the Quality Engineering and Quality Inspection departments. The primary responsibility is to ensure a continuous supply of good products to the assembly areas.
Responsible for ensuring that the products received meet quality standards required to maximize customer satisfaction whilst minimizing disruption to the production line. Responsible for identifying and raising quality issues, providing containment and supporting the implementation of permanent corrective actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct daily reject bin reviews with each department.
- Raise DMNs (Defective Material Notices) and report initial concerns to the vendor or process owner.
- Conduct initial containment activities such as line-side inspection and stock sorting.
- Collaborate with suppliers to address quality issues, provide feedback, and work together to contain non-conforming material and create short-term containment plans.
- Investigate potential root causes as part of the first-line investigation. Conduct inspection using a variety of inspection such as visual, dimensional, and performance testing methods.
- Coordinate rework/remake of non-conforming product.
- Coordinate shipping of non-conforming products and stock swaps (Return to Vendor - RTV activities).
- Maintain accurate data on the inventory management system SAP.
- Process quarantined and scrap material stock movements.
- Collate total costs of poor quality and generate debit notes to recover those costs from the vendor or process owner.
- Work with suppliers worldwide, reporting quality issues to small business owners and large corporations in a professional manner.
- Ability to collect data, carry out basic statistical analysis and present information in a suitable format.
- Familiarity with a wide range of manufacturing methods and an understanding of the quality pros and cons for each.
- Process customer requests for permits or concessions.
- Provide support to the Quality Engineering team in concern resolution.
- Participate in supplier performance scoring activities.
- Maintain records and update all relevant business systems.
- Collaborate with the quality engineering team to develop a goods-in sampling plan based on confidence and risk, conduct goods-in inspection using basic hand tools on the shop floor and working with the Quality Inspection team for more complex inspection requirements.
- Verification of product certification provided by suppliers.
- Visit suppliers to verify their finished goods inspection processes and prevent non-conforming parts from arriving at Multimatic.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experienced in a quality or problem-solving role in a manufacturing environment.
- Further education in an Engineering, Manufacturing, Automotive or Design field.
- Effective communication skills.
- Confident and proficient in the use of computers with ability to adapt to wide range of new systems, software and technologies.
- Ability to use excel to write formulas for data analysis, create power point presentations.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Self-starter, able to work under own initiative.
Closing date for applications is December 30th 2023