Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Ride Dynamics (MRD) is one of the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. Multimatic Ride Dynamics is looking for a Maintenance Manager who will increase company profitability by providing manufacturing departments with well maintained equipment while ensuring quality and ability to meet production requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision/management of all maintenance personnel. This includes supervision of hourly employees.
- Assist maintenance personnel in solving maintenance related problems and/or new projects, with minimum interruption to production
- Analyse equipment down time such as problem causes and corrective action effectiveness. Utilize this information to continually improve equipment performance, reduce down time, and reduce cost.
- Estimate, schedule, and execute a preventative maintenance program for all equipment, ensuring that equipment meets changes to customer, government, safety, and quality requirements. Maintain accurate records for costing and invoicing requirements.
- Design, recommend, coordinate, and supervise in-house and/or sub-contracted modifications to the equipment in order to improve production and/or quality.
- Source all parts and components required for equipment maintenance and improvement.
- Actively participate in the design, development and/or implementation of latest technologies to improve productivity and/or quality.
- Prepare a departmental operating annual budget in accordance with company strategies and objectives and ensure adherence to it. Continually seek and implement cost reduction measures.
- Establish and monitor overall procedures, methods, projects and programs designed to improve manufacturing efficiencies and company profitability.
- Actively and continuously participate in and provide expert advice to employee involvement teams and continuous improvement team.
- Advise management of all potential problems and offer solutions for improvement.
- Exceed or meet all objectives/requirements of the business plan.
- In the event of receiving customer concern, issue a customer concern report and include Production Manager and QA Manager in distribution.
- Ensure and enforce maintenance personnel compliance to all health and safety rules and housekeeping principles. Review accident investigation reports and ensure appropriate action has been taken to prevent future accidents and eliminate immediate and basic causes.
- Prepare reports and key measureable indicators each month. Carry out corrective actions if necessary and report information out in a monthly management review meeting.
- Attend management report out meeting on a weekly basis.
- Complete layered process audits as required.
- Conduct department meetings on a monthly basis.
- Provide oversight and direction and delegate responsibilities to all members in the department.
- Manage performance: communicate job expectations and conduct employee evaluations for all department members on an end of probation basis and an annual basis.
- Coach, counsel, and discipline employees with the assistance of human resources as necessary.
- Work with human resources to interview and select candidates.
- Oversee onboarding and ensure orientations, including on the job training, are completed for new hires.
- Determine employee development and/or training needs for department members on an annual basis. Prepare annual training plan and submit to the Human Resources Department.
- Complete training effectiveness evaluation forms and submit to the human resources department.
- Participate in succession planning activities including career development.
- Assist with job analysis on a bi-yearly basis.
- Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Technical College education in a maintenance related area (i.e. mechanical, electrical, robotics).
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Minimum five years of experience in an automotive manufacturing setting.
- Proven hands-on experience in maintenance related areas.
- Excellent problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Good knowledge of government legislation in the areas of Health and Safety (i.e. OHSA, WHMIS), Employment Standards, Human Rights, Pay Equity, WSIB, etc.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to coach, counsel, discipline, and motivate.
- Supervisory skills in the area of employee development, health and safety, hiring, orientation, and performance reviews.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is December 1st 2023