Location: Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions, East Gwillimbury, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions (MDS) is a premier supplier of advanced suspension products and welded assemblies to the global automotive industry. Equipped with the latest technology in metal stamping (up to 2500 tonne), state-of-the-art robotic welding cells, and automated assembly lines, the 240,000 square foot facility is staffed by expert personnel to manufacture front and rear suspension control arms, links, stabilizer bars and various high value-add assemblies.
Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions is looking for a Electrician who will be responsible for providing manufacturing departments with well-maintained equipment, while ensuring quality and the ability to meet production requirements. Candidates must be willing to work on the Afternoon Shift.
Multimatic Dynamic Suspensions 125 Corcoran Court East Gwillimbury, Ontario Canada L9N 0M8
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all associated lighting and power are in proper working order. Ensure all codes and company procedures are to standard.
- Complete electrical repairs on all equipment and machinery including backup to assembly line programs, and creating and modifying programs.
- Complete paperwork in a timely manner. This includes work orders, time sheets, log board entries, and line book revisions.
- Order parts and follow the parts received procedure.
- Maintain up to date documentation of all assembly equipment. This includes issuing work orders and documenting all changes and repairs through MVP.
- Make recommendations to the critical spare parts inventory for the assembly equipment.
- Provide input and recommendations for Assembly Line Preventative Maintenance plans.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance as required.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Conduct electrical safety audits as needed.
- Assist in the implementation of continuous improvement suggestions on the production line.
- Assist in training all new electricians, including apprentices where applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Licensed Industrial Electrician.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with PLC programming.
- Extensive experience with pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Leverages problem solving skills.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.