Functional Safety Engineer
Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems UK, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Multimatic - Solving our customers’ problems through the know-how we embed in the products and services we sell.
Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES) UK, located in Cambridge (Milton) is a division of MTCE Ltd. MES meets the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking a Functional Safety Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Milton Hall in Cambridge (UK). You will be responsible for the functional safety aspects of our automotive electronic control products, covering all aspects of the safety engineering lifecycle. You will be part of a highly capable team split between Cambridge (UK) and Toronto (Canada) with customers spread across the globe.
You will be working with a range of projects and customers – some with functional safety expertise and some who rely on our experience and expertise to support them. We are looking for someone who is happy to work with others, can communicate well and, most importantly, embraces our culture - finding ways to say “yes”, meeting all commitments, being flexible, embracing challenges and ensuring that we deliver excellent solutions to our customers.
Facility Address: Milton Hall, Ely Road, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6WZ.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support cross-functional teams on functional safety matters across the entire V-cycle. Application areas include but are not limited to transmission systems, active suspension, body control modules, HMI systems and aerodynamic systems.
- Act as single point of accountability for specific project delivery in the Functional Safety team and provide input, as required, to projects carried out by the project teams.
- Create and maintain formal documents, including HARA, Safety Plan, FSC, TSC, FMEA, Safety Case and DIA.
- Support the development of best practice procedures for functional safety activities.
- Carry out Functional Safety audits.
- Provide input on changes affecting functional safety, including the Impact Analysis.
- Provide integrity and enforce appropriate standards in a time critical environment.
- Recognize risks and hazards.
- Keep status trackers up to date, showing status of all responsible projects.
- Analyse and verify system requirements and interface definitions from a functional safety perspective.
- Moderate and participate at technical reviews and workshops.
- Support the planning and follow-up of activities of the safety lifecycle.
- Cooperate with the project manager, developers, and customers. Liaise with suppliers to ensure achievement of safety requirements.
- Interact with system/feature owners and project/program teams to advise and review documentation.
- Evidence of ISO 26262 certification and training and demonstrated detailed understanding of ISO 26262.
- University degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronics Engineering.
- Previous experience in a functional safety role working in accordance with a relevant international standard (e.g., ISO 26262, IEC 61508), ideally with vehicle manufacturers, Tier 1 or Tier 2 Automotive Suppliers.
- Ability to generate formal documentation to a high professional standard.
- Strong customer facing skills.
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
- Ability to conduct and review Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessments (HARA), Fault Tree Analyses (FTA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) etc.
- Awareness of project management fundamentals.
- Excellent team working skills and a strong communicator with the ability to interact with various organizational stakeholders.
- Good time management skills and an ability to plan and organize both work activities and the resources required to execute said work activities.
- Able to apply previous lessons learned proactively.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is January 31st 2024