Continual Improvement Coordinator
Location: Multimatic EU-Matic, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Multimatic EU-Matic is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Coventry, United Kingdom. It is Multimatic’s European base for mechanisms production, supplying automotive customers with competitive, high-quality hinges and door checks. EU-Matic is currently looking for a Kaizen Champion who will ensure standardized Kaizen processes and systems are implemented across the division as well as being the champion for Kaizen KPIs and reporting.
Multimatic EU-Matic Herald Avenue Coventry Business Park, Coventry United Kingdom CV5 6UB
Key Responsibilities :
- Support objectives, goals and milestones, with Plant Manager
- Coordinate the kaizen strategy, planning and implementation processes lead by Mechanisms Group.
- Train cross-functional teams on required Kaizen knowledge, tools and practices.
- Support both office and shop floor teams in Multimatic kaizen strategy.
- Involve all employees in the manufacturing business system utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods and process improvement strategies through alignment with global leadership.
- Support production teams in process reviews and improvement potentials, reporting status to plant teams and senior leadership.
- Manage kaizen audit process report.
- Best practicing sharing between departments and mechanisms group – ‘True North’.
- Report out on Kaizen KPIs to management team and Mechanisms Kaizen Team.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts.
- Coordinates the approval, with General Manager & Plant Manager, of new lay-outs and/or other organizational critical changes (processes, facilities, procedures, resources).
- Coordinates Kaizen tools, including GEARS program, including training.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
Basic Requirements :
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Automotive Manufacturing Environment.
- Minimum qualifications – apprentice trained in an engineering / Manufacturing or quality related subject.
- Understanding of Kaizen improvement techniques.
- Good Computer skills including knowledge of MS project, Excel, Word and others.
- Knowledge of IATF16949/ISO 14001 / ISO45001 systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams in a multicultural global environment.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must have valid driving licence
- Ability to read, write, and speak English with excellent communication skills.
- UK right to work
- Knowledge of TPS Practices
- Comfortable in delivering presentations to large groups.
- To be able to present improvement activities to management with cost saves attached.
Closing date for applications is November 30th 2023