Location: Multimatic Niche Vehicles Europe, Coventry , United Kingdom
Scope of Position:
We are looking for a Quality Technician to join our team, working on some of the world’s most exciting automotive projects. This position will be based at one of our customer sites in Gaydon. The role will include working closely with the quality department and also assisting production and engineering departments to identify and resolve issues found during N.P.I., build and validation activities.
- Provide a conduit for all quality issues identified in customer build hall, inspection and vehicle sign off activities.
- Assist in the investigation and resolution of non-conforming product identified by Customer.
- Ensure rework records are maintained and fed back in to MNVE quality, production and engineering departments.
- Manage onsite sweep activity at customer sites.
- Perform repair activity where on site rectification of issues is possible.
- Work with customer quality and build personnel to ensure vehicle build TAKT is achieved.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ability to use and interpret 3D CAD models and drawings.
- Strong IT skills (MS office suite) and ability to present data effectively
- Experience in vehicle assembly and/or composite trimming and fitting.
- Knowledge of paint quality standards, inspection methods and equipment.
- Confident user of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Experience in using composite adhesives.
- Ability to work in a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem-solving mentality.
- Ability to sustain and develop team working and team based problem solving.
- Substantial experience in a low volume manufacturing environment, preferably automotive
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Experience of working with Carbon Fibre panels (body in black, visual parts)
- Experience of working within an ISO9001 certified business
Closing date for applications is November 23rd 2023