Human Resources Generalist
Location: Multimatic Niche Manufacturing UK, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Human Resources Generalist
Multimatic Niche Manufacturing UK, located in Thetford, Norfolk, is a division of Multimatic Inc. Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its UK based division, is a leading supplier of engineering and vehicle development services to major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers. Specialties include suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, carbon fibre structural components, mechanisms and mechatronics.
Location: Multimatic Niche Manufacturing UK, Unit 1, Wyatt Way, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
MNMUK is currently seeking to recruit a Human Resources Generalist to join our growing team.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position serves as a key business partner on the Division's management team. This role will partner with the global Group HR Lead, to provide pro-active support and guidance on all HR functional areas with an emphasis on talent acquisition, leadership development, employee relations, employee engagement, succession planning, and immigration. The HR Generalist will also be responsible for oversight over the division's administrative matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the MNMUK leadership team, actively participating in strategic and operational discussions as it relates to people matters; build deep divisional understanding and act as a trusted advisor and coach to management team.
- Responsible to support all areas of Human Resources including:
- Employee performance management, recognition and retention.
- Employee engagement – supports divisional team response planning and execution to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Employee training and development; leadership development.
- Talent and succession planning.
- Employee recruitment and onboarding – including leading apprenticeship programmes.
- Compliance and risk management.
- Compensation - labour market awareness and salary/bonus guidance and administration.
- Employee relations support – including performance management, internal dispute resolution, coaching and counselling, trend and root cause analysis.
- Organisational and employee learning and development.
- Absence, attendance management; claims management occupational and non-occupational injury and disease.
- Employee communications.
- Policy and guideline development and interpretation.
- Data collection, reporting and response based on human resources KPIs.
- Health, Safety and Environment.
- Responsible for data integrity, security and administration of HR systems.
- Coach and train management and supervision in areas of human resources, including effective employee performance management, alignment and engagement of employees, and overall talent management.
- Collaborate with global group HR Lead for the purposes of building the HR bench strength and deploying group and company HR priorities with division’s leadership team.
- CIPD qualification (desirable).
- Experience, preferably in an Engineering or professional services environment; previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources polices, practices and processes as well as employment and safety laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in areas of objectivity, mediation, and managing relationships.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Direct knowledge and experience in performance management, discipline and dismissal, human rights, complex attendance management and disability management issues.
- Solid problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to apply sound judgment in complex and sometimes ambiguous situations.
- Strong project management and ability to manage pressure and multiple, competing priorities, as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office package, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with HR technology is an asset (HRIS, ATS, etc.)
- Detail oriented, sound judgment and excellent client service orientation.
- Good research and analytical skills and ability to make sound recommendations.
- Team player and willing to provide guidance and coaching to other team members.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, facilitation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strategic and pragmatic thinker; strong teamwork ethic.
Key Behavioural Traits for Success:
- Hands-On, Roll-Up-Your-Sleeves approach to work with a bias for action – reacts promptly to issues with appropriate actions/responses.
- Influencer – able to successfully influence and persuade action and support.
- High energy and self-motivated; confident leading change.
- Ability to thrive in a “Lean” resource conscious organisation.
- Capable of managing multiple challenging assignments concurrently; moving swiftly and decisively, but collaboratively and effectively with others.
- Strategic thinker and effective problem solver.
- Perceptive, responsible and accountable.
Note to External Vendors/Recruitment firms: CV's submitted by a third party will be considered unsolicited and will be added to our CV database. In addition, Multimatic will not be obligated to pay a referral fee for the hiring of a candidate by means of unsolicited CV submitted directly or indirectly to Multimatic.