Technical Project Specialist & Tear Down Supervisor
Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Scope of Position:
Provide direction and input to the production, process engineering, design engineering, maintenance and tear down department by identifying technical problems and develop/support solutions.
- Preform all necessary tasks related to product development, tuning and serial production including troubleshooting any technical issues.
- Provides feedback to engineering regarding how a product was tuned to meet the performance requirements.
- Participate with product development group early in product development to establish tuning, serial production design, performance specifications, valve code tuning and tolerance. Supports the process engineering department to ensure department efforts match up with the overall project goals.
- Provide input to the development and implementation of mechatronic system through all steps of the process.
- Research, investigate, and report manufacturing concerns for improvement of overall plant productivity. This includes process cost reductions and implementation of corrective actions to minimize process downtimes and rejects.
- Maintain accurate timesheets and create reports as required.
- Follow all IATF-16949 procedures and supports the generation of new documents that might be required as the business evolves.
- Advise Management of any potential problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Research and pursue any potential operational opportunities for improvement in the company’s operation.
- Consider alternative solutions for given tasks or problems.
- Attend meetings, present results, and perform demonstrations as required.
- Acquires all knowledge relating to the function, testing, and programing of EOL dyno test equipment.
- Reviews dyno rejects and guides the tear down technicians in the tear down and repair of the dampers.
- Analyzes the tear down failure modes and provides feedback on training of operators if the failure mode was a result of an operator confusing sub-components, or improper usage of assembly equipment.
- Analyzes the tear down failure modes and provides feedback to engineering and process engineers if he has a suspicion that the failure was caused by the manufacturing process or a design issue.
- Establishes visual management tools that allows management to see positive as well as negative trends with ease not requiring detailed explanations.
- Establishes at a minimum monthly report relating to the tear down activities for each program. These reports should indicate frequency of failure mode and recommendations to eliminate the failure mode.
- Assist in preparation of quotations and estimates as required.
- Ensure that the customer’s requirements, which include project timing, are understood, and met.
- Champions or participates in 8D root cause analysis or problem-solving activities relating to manufacturing, process, and design.
- Responsible for timing, quality, and delivery issues of assigned department projects.
- Prepare requisitions to purchase.
- Attend management report out meeting on a weekly basis.
- Complete layered process audits as required.
- Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Department Manager.
- Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
- Work in compliance and conform to the Environment and ISO 14001 standards.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen principles; participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
Education and Experience:
- College or university degree in mechanical engineering and/or Technical College education in a maintenance related area (i.e. mechanical, electrical, robotics).
- Six Sigma black belt certification would be an asset.
- Experience in Process Engineering and performing automotive related development/testing tasks.
- Minimum five years of experience in an automotive manufacturing setting.
- Excellent knowledge of data acquisition techniques, including associated transducers and instrumentation.
- Good knowledge of control systems for pneumatics, hydraulics, and electric test systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong ability to interpret customer requirements.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a supervisory/management role in areas of employee development, health and safety, hiring, and performance reviews.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization, customers, suppliers, sub-contractors, engineers, etc.
- Proven hands-on experience in maintenance related areas.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Power BI, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Be able to perform data mining from different database sources.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is November 30th 2023