Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems UK, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a 10-month industrial placement as part of your university course?
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), meets the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics enables us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers.
Multimatic Electronics Systems has a student placement role available in Cambridge for 2024/25.
Cambridge is the central hub of product development where System Engineering, Software and Electronic Hardware is developed. Our System Engineering team takes the lead on product development, producing the information that is needed for our software and hardware engineers to deliver. Our software development is built upon Vector AUTOSAR with Multimatic responsible for the base level all the way through to controls (often developed in MATLAB/ Simulink). The hardware is then our enabler, developed from the ground-up; our ECUs are custom for the application with stringent processes to ensure that the automotive standards are met.
On the sister site at Thetford, full vehicle E/E architecture is developed, and validation testing is performed. Our E/E team manage customer requirements for loom development and ECU integration either at a system level or for an entire vehicle. The validation team takes on the responsibility of testing our products. This testing can take place at on a bench, rig or on a full vehicle.
- Strong ability to prove out design ideas using engineering tools.
- Ability to conduct engineering calculations using MS Office software and in-house tools.
- Exposure to SW development, Electronics HW design or harnesses is an advantage.
- Awareness of vehicle suspension and hydraulics is an advantage.
- Passionate about the automotive or motorsports industries.
- Driven to achieve world class results in a high tempo environment.
- Flexibility to work on a variety of tasks as and when required.
Why choose a placement at Multimatic?
- At Multimatic you will have the opportunity to work on interesting and varied projects from day one
- Exposure to world-class automotive engineering projects
- You will be able to experience life in different departments helping you find out what you enjoy and where your skills fit best.
- You will be part of a great team, involved in collaborative work and projects.
- You will have a chance to understand the whole engineering process – from design conception, analysis, manufacture, to testing of the completed components.
- You will be supported by experienced managers who are experts in their field.
- and mentoring
Please note we are looking to close applications for this fantastic opportunity at the end of January 2024.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.
Closing date for applications is January 31st 2024