Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems UK, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Multimatic - Solving our customers’ problems through the know-how we embed in the products and services we sell.
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Milton Hall in Cambridge (UK). You will be responsible for the Systems Engineering aspects of our automotive electronic control products, covering all aspects of the systems engineering lifecycle. This will include System requirements analysis and generation, System architecture design, and System verification and validation. You will be part of a highly capable team split between Cambridge (UK) and Toronto (Canada) with customers spread across the globe.
You will be working with a range of projects and customers – some with clearly defined requirements, some who rely on our experience and expertise to help develop them. So, we need someone who can communicate well, who can build relationships with our customers and who has a good understanding of our end products and the engineering work required to create them. We also need someone who doesn’t mind rolling up their sleeves to get a job done when needed.
We need someone who will embrace our culture - finding ways to say “yes”, meeting all commitments, being flexible, embracing challenges and ensuring we deliver excellent solutions to our customers.
Facility Address: Milton Hall, Ely Road, Milton, Cambridge, CB24 6WZ.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Take ownership of the product and represent it internally across the divisions in Multimatic and externally to the customers.
- Own and Lead system function development and verification.
- Working directly with our customers (both internal and external), you'll be responsible for capturing stakeholder needs, deriving customer-facing requirements and use cases from them, and managing changes.
- Cascade functional requirements to all supporting Systems and Sub-systems, across all affected engineering disciplines (electronics, mechanical, software etc)
- Ensure that the technical solution meets the customer, legislative and business requirements.
- Develop and document system architecture, design, and acceptance and verification strategies.
- Deliver the systems engineering tasks for a project on time and on budget, including work package management.
- Experience in negotiating and agreeing system requirements with customers and stakeholders.
- Automotive system and design experience for requirements capture, analysis and management.
- A good appreciation of mechanical, electrical and software engineering principals.
- Ability to anticipate, translate and develop requirements into robust solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with ASPICE and ISO26262 systems and processes.
- Experienced in key safety analysis processes such as FMEA.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is December 31st 2023