IT Tech Support
Location: Multimatic Special Vehicle Operations, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Our Special Vehicle Operations division are looking to hire an IT Tech Support to maintain and support all IT systems for this growing division.
20 Fison Way, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 1HB.
- Quote, purchase, configure, and maintain all PC hardware/software as per the company's hardware specifications.
- Maintain the physical network as required. This includes servers, printers, plotters, and switches, etc.
- Maintenance and support all Windows server platforms (Windows 2012 R2).
- Provide technical support for all desktop operating systems (i.e. Windows 7, 10).
- Quote, purchase, install, and maintain PC application programs as per our software specifications.
- Maintenance and support of backup systems.
- Support of all telephone systems.
- Responsible to keep an accurate hardware & software inventory of all computer equipment.
- Manage and maintain software licence.
- Configure and maintain PC hardware.
- Maintenance and support of all label printers and scanner guns.
- Develop and present improvement in all areas of IT related to the divisional operations.
- Estimate, schedule and execute preventative maintenance programs for all equipment.
- Actively participate in the design, development, and/or implementations of the latest technologies to improve productivity and stability as per corporate standards.
- Maintain the physical network as required.
- Ensure a near zero downtime environment.
- Facilitate the purchase and set-up of all company issued mobile phones.
- Provide multiple site support
- Maintain and support IT budget for capex/opex.
- Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- University degree in computer systems and engineering technology, information systems support, or a related field.
- Preferred experience in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Certification is an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and WAN/LAN technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organisation, customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors, etc.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to work independently.
Closing date for applications is December 31st 2023
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.