Composite Technician - Trainee Laminator
Location: Multimatic Special Vehicle Operations Europe, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
The successful candidate will be employed to learn, develop and enhance their own skills to be able to independently operate as a multi-skilled, adaptable Composite Laminator. Working with pre-preg carbon fibre, the Trainee Composite Laminator will be responsible for kitting, layup, bagging and de-bagging of the component. The successful candidate will be trained to work to complex engineering drawings and with moulds to produce high precision composite components.
- Carry out Tool preparation,(Clean and apply Release Agent)
- Kitting and lay-up operations, (Cutting kit of materials for build sequence, Lay up material on to mould surface correct orientation and build sequence.)
- Understanding of Shelf Life of Materials would be an advantage.
- Vacuum bagging techniques (Manufacture breather bag material kit)
- Supports and conforms to quality procedures to maintain compliance, by ensuring adherence to the defined processes and procedures.
- Operate within all Multimatic health and safety procedures.
- Detects and highlight any issues to team leaders in timely manner skills, knowledge & responsibilities.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to read drawings.
Closing date for applications is December 31st 2023
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.