Location: Multimatic Niche Vehicles NA, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Niche Vehicles North America (MNVNA) is the exclusive production facility of the Ford GT Mk IV supercar and the Ford Bronco DR racing truck.
MNVNA is looking for a Purchasing Manager to be responsible for day-to-day purchasing activities, managing a small purchasing team, and utilizing our buying power to maintain quality at the most optimized cost, for a variety of electrical, fluid and mechanical automotive components and assemblies. The successful candidate will be required to manage purchase orders, requisitions and work cross-functionally with production, engineering, material management, quality assurance and other business teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a small team of Buyers
- Negotiate and purchase various components, assemblies and systems
- Meet or exceed all objectives/requirements of the MNVNA business plan
- Build and maintain supply base while focusing on supplier development
- Build and maintain supplier relationships
- Work in conjunction with Material Control to plan and forecast inventory levels
- Perform root-cause analysis for supplier commercial and delivery errors and make recommendations for changes to eliminate causes (e.g. BOM, reporting issues, shortage of material etc.)
- Make recommendations for improving supply chain (e.g. fix lead time and recalculate inventory levels etc.)
- Constantly monitor industry pricing and product cost in order to identify cost-saving opportunities and maintain the best possible overall profitability for the company
- Maintain the confidentiality of the company and its business
- Develop and analyze Key Performance Indicators on a monthly basis to determine where continuous improvements can be achieved
- Work in conjunction with SQA to approve qualified suppliers
- Completion of a Community College Diploma or a University Degree
- Professional designation in either Materials or Purchasing
- Minimum 7 years’ experience purchasing in a manufacturing environment similar to the automotive industry (including a basic knowledge of all vehicle systems)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing staff
- Excellent working knowledge of Purchasing and MRP systems
- Excellent problem solving techniques and methods
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees both within the organization and also with customers, suppliers, sub-contractors, engineers, etc.
- Strategic and analytical mind set towards purchasing
- Strong knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
To learn more about Multimatic, check out our youtube channel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psOjJIh3t90
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.