Assistant Plant Controller
Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Scope of Position:
To assist the divisional controller in all aspects of financial related matters.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for the integrity of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and fixed assets sub-ledgers.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the standard costing system.
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation with accounts payable.
- Prepare and enter the majority of the month-end journal entries.
- Co-ordinate the monthly closing of all sub-ledgers in the G/L.
- Prepare monthly actual vs. budget departmental reports and schedule meetings to review results.
- Prepare several Statistics Canada reports as required.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of month-end financial statements and inform area supervisor or manager responsible.
- Assist the divisional controller in the preparation of reports and key measureable indicators each month. Carry out corrective actions if necessary and report information out in a monthly management review meeting.
- Attend management report out meeting on a weekly basis.
- Complete layered process audits as required.
- Participate in department meetings on a monthly basis.
- Assist the divisional controller in providing oversight and direction and delegation of responsibilities to all members in the department.
- Assist in performance management: communicate job expectations and conduct employee evaluations for all department members on an end of probation basis and an annual basis.
- Assist in the coaching, counselling and discipline of employees.
- Work with the divisional controller and human resources to interview and select candidates to fill vacancies within the department.
- Assist in overseeing onboarding and ensuring that orientations, including on the job training, are completed for new hires.
- Help to determine employee development and/or training needs for department members on an annual basis. Prepare annual training plan and submit to the human resources department.
- Complete training effectiveness evaluation forms and submit to the human resources department.
- Participate in succession planning activities including career development.
- Assist with job analysis on a bi-yearly basis.
- Assist the divisional controller to prepare departmental budget on an annual basis.
- Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Department Manager.
- Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
- Work in compliance and conform to the Environment and ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Adopt, practice, and promote Kaizen principles; participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities. Encourage continuous improvement efforts within the department and ensure submission of individual and team GEARs to achieve one hundred percent participation.
- Divisional Controller: Provides direct supervision, assigns jobs, and provides guidance and advice on all aspects of the job.
- Human Resources Manager: Provides advice and direction on all areas of employment.
- Completion of a university degree in accounting or business administration.
- Must possess CPA.
- Minimum of three years' experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Good knowledge of Government legislation in the areas of Health & Safety (OHSA, WHMIS, etc.), Employment Standards, Human Rights, Pay Equity, WSIB, etc.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to coach, counsel, discipline, and motivate.
- Supervisory skills in the area of employee development, health and safety, hiring, orientation, and performance reviews.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- End of probation and annual performance review.
- Adherence to the departmental budget.
- Adherence to the business plan as demonstrated by performance indicators.
- Support of Kaizen and GEAR activities including department member gear submissions.
- Supervision of the finance department under the direction of the divisional controller.
President: Multimatic Inc.
Executive Vice President: Structures and Suspension Group
Vice President: Structures and Suspension Group
General Manager: Ride Dynamics
Divisional Controller: Ride Dynamics
Plant Controller: Ride Dynamics
Refer to Position Training Matrix.
The above points have been explained sufficiently and I fully understand the contents.
Closing date for applications is September 30th 2023
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.