Divisional IT Support
Location: Multimatic Special Vehicle Operations - Canada, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a privately held, global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s core competencies include the development and manufacture of complex mechanisms and body hardware, suspension systems and body structural components as well as the design, engineering and development of light weight composite automotive systems.
We are currently seeking an IT Technical Support Analyst for our MSVO office in Newmarket. This position will involve limited travel and will normally work onsite at our Newmarket location.
A detail-oriented, thorough, and organized IT Technical Support Analyst to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role in providing support for all areas of IT. You will be responsible for system updates, troubleshooting problems, and providing hands-on support for IT issues within our organization.
- Quote, purchase, configure, and maintain all PC hardware/software as per Multimatic Inc’s hardware specifications.
- Maintain the physical network as required. This includes servers, printers, plotters, and switches, etc.
- Maintenance and support all Windows server platforms (Windows 2012 R2).
- Provide technical support for all desktop operating systems (i.e. Windows 7, 10).
- Quote, purchase, install, and maintain PC application programs as per Multimatic Inc’s software specifications.
- Maintenance and support of backup systems.
- Support of all telephone systems.
- Responsible to keep an accurate hardware & software inventory of all computer equipment.
- Manage and maintain software licences to ensure no interruptions are incurred due to licensing issues.
- Configure and maintain PC hardware as per INC’s hardware specifications.
- Maintenance and support of all label printers and scanner guns.
- Develop and present improvement in all areas of IT related to the divisional operations.
- Estimate, schedule and execute preventative maintenance programs for all equipment as per INC’s corporate standards.
- Actively participate in the design, development, and/or implementations of the latest technologies to improve productivity and stability as per corporate standards.
- Maintain the physical network as required.
- Ensure a near zero downtime environment.
- Facilitate the purchase and set-up of all company issued cell phones.
- Maintain and support IT budget for capex/opex.
- After hours/weekend work when required.
- Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Department Manager.
- Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
- Work in compliance and conform to Environment and ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen principles; participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
- Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Manufacturing experience - automotive is preferred.
- College diploma or university degree in computer systems and engineering technology, information systems support, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in an automotive or manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate Certification is an asset.
- Excellent working knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and WAN/LAN technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization, customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors, etc.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to work independently.
This position is in-office position.
To know more about Multimatic Career - please watch the video - https://youtu.be/wO3GpzmOSiU
Closing date for applications is September 21st 2023
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.