Location: Multimatic Tennessee, Lewisburg, Tennessee, United States
Job Title: Program Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Responsible for all aspects of program management, for specific programs, as outline by the GM/AGM or designated person, up to and including prototypes, pre-production sample, production startup, customer launch and monitoring the overall program throughout production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for program timelines and budgeting, quotations, prototypes, tool, and automation follow-up (on-site & remote), pre-production samples, production start-up, customer safe launch and monitor overall program throughout production life cycle, from an engineering perspective.
- Keep the communication lines open between the various departments, including production, tool room quality assurance, and engineering departments and other Multimatic Divisions, as necessary.
- Primary point of contact-liaison between customer and company for the program. Produce customer presentations and technical support on new product launches both internally and externally.
- Provide technical support on product launches both within the company and at the customer.
- Investigate, analyze, and present cost saving proposals to management and sales.
- Perform engineering and manufacturing feasibility studies
- Prepare internal quotes for new/existing programs and all engineering changes (ECN), submit for review/approvals, prepare customer breakdowns and review for completeness. Understand documentation flow and assure APQP gates are met in a timely fashion
- Work with purchasing in procuring quotes for current and future cost saving proposals. Analyze rejected quotes for improvements for future quotes, to build knowledge.
- Establish program timing parameters and ensure schedules are maintained with MS Project.
- Analyze and assist in tooling and manufacturing process development for opportunities to reduce costs.
- Work with Process Engineer and related department managers/supervisors to plan and implement new or revised process flows for improving plant layout and efficiencies.
- Assist in the procuring and sourcing of tooling and equipment for new programs. Assist the Tooling Engineer, Quality Engineer & Process Engineer to ensure said tooling/equipment complies with the company's and customer's specifications, standards, and expectations.
- Frequent travel as required by company and customer during launch phase of product cycles.
- Create and maintain program cash flow milestones & glide paths.
- Provide direction to Continuous Improvement Team (C.I.T.) by establishing goals and timing schedules to meet objectives. Review all projects with team and General Manager.
- Ensure that GM/AGM is updated on a continuous basis regarding program status.
- Perform other duties as determined by the GM/AGM
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College or university degree in mechanical engineering, metal stamping tool and die experience and/or tool and die design, progressive and transfer tools.
- Program Management preferred
- Knowledge of mig and spot welding.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in either engineering or tooling with an automotive background. Excellent problem-solving techniques required.
- Training in: SolidWorks, SPC, DFMEA / PFMEA, GD&T, APQP & PPAP, Effective Problem Solving & 8D, DOE-are assets. Familiarity with company and customer quality systems.
- Knowledge of GM & VW OEM systems an asset
- Knowledge of quality engineering systems
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.