EE Integration Engineer
Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems UK, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Multimatic - Solving our customers’ problems through the know-how we embed in the products and services we sell.
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics and whole vehicle integration projects. Combining with our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking an EE Integration Engineer to join our team and support development of a growing team for Niche Vehicle Integration for clients in the automotive industry. The successful candidate will be joining Multimatic Electronic Systems at a very exciting time as the division embarks on multiple projects to deliver full vehicle electrical architectures; these projects will require applications support within the engineering department and on-site with the customer. Key strengths required for the role include the ability to operate independently, a willingness to travel and support customers on-site, the ability to communicate efficiently and the ability to take-on responsibilities. Most importantly we need someone who will embrace our culture – finding ways to say “yes” and delivering excellent solutions for our customers.
20 Fison Way
Key areas of Responsibilities:
- The building of the lab cars, HiL and test rigs required to carry out the development, testing and validation of electronic modules on both component and whole vehicle electrical systems
- Support in the building and running of:
- Show cars
- Engineering prototypes
- Validation prototypes
- End of line testing
- Production cars
- Legislative validation and certification
- Component and vehicle level functional safety
- Component and vehicle sign off for production
- Vehicle type approval
- LV & HV system commissioning
- CAN architecture validation and diagnostics
- Liaise with third party test houses and other relevant suppliers with the booking of relevant tests
- Supplier management and sourcing for components and integration support
- Interacting with the customer to capture requirements, and manage issues
- Assist in the development of project plans including timing and deliverables
- Adhere to version control, requirements and change tracking
- Be part of the development of Multimatic engineering tools and development systems for electronic components
- Work closely with other disciplines, such as outside suppliers and mechanical engineers, to achieve the project requirements
Education and Experience:
- Educated to degree level with at least 3 years in automotive electrical system Integration
- Whole vehicle electrical systems testing, commissioning and homologation
- HiL and Lab car build and testing
- ISO standards 26262, 16750 & 16949
- Vehicle electrical module integration
- Familiarity with EDS Design and Manufacture
- HV testing and commissioning
- 12V testing and commissioning
- Automotive CAN architecture management and CAN networking fault diagnosis
- CAD experience a benefit
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer
Closing date for applications is October 31st 2023
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.