Machine Operator - welding, brazing, and soldering
Location: Multimatic Inmet, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Inmet manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume vehicle manufacturers.
Multimatic Inmet is looking for a Machine Operator who can meet the work duties and requirements listed below:
35 West Wilmot Street
Richmond Hill, Ontario
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Follow control plans and work in accordance with company quality & safety specifications
- Operate previously set up welding machines such as spot, butt and seam resistance or gas and arc welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of welding, brazing and soldering equipment
- May adjust welding heads and tooling according to work specifications
- Responsible for checking assemblies to fixtures, gauges, tools, or visual inspection aids (e.g., inspection instructions, operator instructions etc.)
- Responsible for pointing out problems and concerns on quality, productivity, or safety matters
- Perform minor maintenance tasks such as tip changes, tool changes, and set-up of equipment
- Perform finished goods inspection per control plan and operator instructions
- Work in a safe manner at all times and in compliance legislative requirements of OHSA, IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards
- Completion of a high school diploma or general education degree
- Prior experience as a machine operator helper is preferred but not required
- Strong mechanical skills, problem-solving techniques, and attention to details
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be flexible with working hours
- Ability to safely operate any and all equipment as necessary
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Shifts: Monday to Friday with occasional weekends, 8-hour shift from 2:30pm to 10:40pm
Closing date for applications: is July 30, 2023
Multimatic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your experience.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.