Test Maintenance Technician
Location: Multimatic Technical Centre, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a privately held, global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems, and services to the automotive industry. The company’s core competencies include the development and manufacture of complex mechanisms and body hardware, suspension systems, and body structural components; the design, engineering, and development of lightweight composite automotive systems, and the limited-volume build of specialty vehicles.
The primary role of the Test Maintenance Technician will be to perform maintenance on test equipment, assist with instrument calibration activities, and vehicle maintenance. Documentation and tracking of repairs or issues using Microsoft Office and issue tracking software tools will be required.
Reports to: Test Manager
- Perform and document scheduled maintenance on hydraulics, cooling tower, pneumatic and mechanical test systems
- Manage vendors/suppliers/contractors
- Take a lead role in emergency repair tasks when required
- Assist with instrument/equipment calibration tasks and documentation
- Installation of test components and system on prototype vehicles, fixtures, and bucks
- Routine maintenance on test and fleet vehicles (tires, oil changes, brakes, etc.)
Education and Experience requirements:
- Millwright, shop maintenance, vehicle mechanic background, with minimum completion of a certificate program and 3 years' experience
- Excellent mechanical aptitude - comfortable working with high pressure hydraulics, pneumatics, and electro-mechanical systems and controls
- Good knowledge of control systems and sensors for pneumatics, hydraulics, and electric test systems
- Familiarity with basic automotive repair
- Experience with manual lathe, mill, saws and drill presses
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers including but not limited to Excel, Word, Microsoft Outlook and Basic CAD; exposure to issues management applications an asset.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization, customers, suppliers, subcontractors, engineers, etc.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.