Material Handler - Press Department (Night Shift)
Location: Multimatic Inmet, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Inmet manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume vehicle manufacturers.
Multimatic Inmet is currently recruiting a Material Handler within our Press Department. This role will be responsible for moving raw materials, and finished goods within the department.
Multimatic Inmet 35 West Wilmot Street Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 1L7
- Reads daily production schedule for job priority
- Cleans and inspects dies before set-up
- Performs set-ups as per set-up procedure
- Loads coils and blanks into and off feeders or blank carts
- Operate overheard crane to move coils
- Occasionally unloads steel trucks when required
- Keeps wooden skids banded, organized and stored safely outside.
- Assists in material handling when needed
- Picks steel coils and or blanks using bar coders
- Fills out tow motor check list at the start of each shift
- Participates in any housekeeping duties assigned
- Reports any abnormalities or unsafe conditions of parts or machinery to Manager or Supervisor
- Work in a safe manner at all times and in compliance legislative requirements of OHSA
- Work in compliance with IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards
- Must hold a valid counterbalance tow motor certificate
- Minimum 1 year’s experience using a counterbalance tow motor
- Experience in a press/stamping environment would be an asset
- Overhead crane operation experience an asset (training can be provided)
- Basic knowledge in safe working procedures for tow motor operations
- Knowledge of safe working procedures in punch press operations an asset
- Ability to work occasional overtime (i.e. daily, weekend)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to work night shift (10:00PM – 6:10AM)
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Multimatic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your experience.