Facilities Manager - Manufacturing
Location: Multimatic CFT, Wymondham, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Multimatic CFT engineers and manufactures carbon composite components for top-echelon motorsports, the automotive industry and beyond. We are seeking a skilled and experienced Facilities Manager to oversee and manage the maintenance, operation, and optimisation of our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. This new role will become a key member of our management team, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless operation of our facility, supporting the production of high-performance carbon components for the automotive and motorsports industry.
Responsible for the management of MCFT buildings and facilities, ensuring the needs of the company, employees and visitors are met including safety, maintenance, cleanliness and security of all buildings, equipment and grounds. Working with a variety of specialist equipment and processes the Facilities Manager will be key to ensuring the manufacturing process runs smoothly from start to finish.
- Facility Maintenance and Repairs:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventive maintenance program to ensure the facility's infrastructure, equipment, and utilities remain in excellent working condition.
- Coordinate and supervise maintenance staff, contractors, and service providers for routine and emergency repairs.
- Oversea facility safety programs to maintain compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Equipment Management:
- Oversee the maintenance of manufacturing equipment, including CNC machines and specialised carbon component production machinery.
- Collaborate with production teams to minimise downtime through effective equipment scheduling and maintenance.
- Space Utilisation and Planning:
- Execute expansion or reconfiguration projects to accommodate changing production needs.
- Budget Management:
- Develop and manage the facilities budget, including forecasting and cost control measures.
- Evaluate and recommend cost-effective solutions for facility improvements and upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations and permits.
- Vendor and Contractor Management:
- Evaluate, select, and manage vendors and contractors for facility services, maintenance, and construction projects.
- Negotiate contracts and service agreements to ensure cost-effectiveness and quality of service.
- Health and Safety:
- Work with the Health & Safety Manager to promote a culture of safety within the facility and enforce safety policies and procedures.
- Qualification in Facilities Management, Engineering, or a related field (preferred).
- Proven experience as a Facilities Manager in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of facility systems, equipment, and maintenance practices.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage a diverse team.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and environmental sustainability practices.
- Budget management and cost control experience.
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing principles and continuous improvement methodologies is a plus.
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes is an advantage.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus eligibility
- Career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic and passionate team in the composites industry.
- A culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Referral scheme
- Flexible Summer working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Multimatic CFT is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date for applications is February 13th 2024