Location: Multimatic Inmet, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Inmet manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume vehicle manufacturers.
Multimatic Inmet is currently looking for a Shipper/Receiver on our Afternoon Shift. The successful candidate will be responsible for receiving and shipping goods, entering information into our SAP system, and carrying out associated duties in a responsible and efficient manner
35 West Wilmot St
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 1L7
- Safely load/unload trucks & receive incoming purchase orders from suppliers, materials/parts from plant and returns from customers.
- Visually check and ensure quantities and weights of all received materials are correct.
- Enter receiving/shipping data using barcode scanners in the SAP system and ensure that all bills of lading and paperwork are correct and complete.
- Report all damaged packaging /materials received on the bills and write DMN reports for defective parts and rejects/returns from customers.
- Must maintain lot traceability and all stock locations in the warehouse on a FIFO basis at all times
- Print pick lists, label parts, pack and stage shipments as per the shipping schedule required for the next truck or next day’s deliveries.
- Repetitive lifting and bending over a 4 hrs period.
- Load trucks for shipping to plant, outside processors and customers.
- Send Advance Ship Notice (ASN) to customers.
- Ensure all packaging is tagged & labelled as per AIAG/customer standards, create and print labels using bar coding and the MRP systems.
- Fill in all necessary forms and checklists on time and as required for each task. Strap, tape and shrink wrap necessary packages & orders.
- Participate in all Physical Inventory counts.
- Willingness to learn the role of Backup Traffic Clerk
- Required to be available to cover any holidays or weekends when necessary.
- Perform any other reasonable assignment given by the supervision or management
- Work in compliance with IATF16949 , ISO14001, and the OHSA
- Minimum one year of forklift experience required
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment while multitasking
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs
- Experience in a shipping/receiving environment. (automotive experience would be an asset)
- Ability to communicate well in English (reading, writing and oral)
- Possess the ability to work under pressure and in a very busy environment where changes are constant and multitasking is essential
- Must be a team player and work well with others (internal and external)
- Strong problem solving techniques
- Experience with EDI an asset (training can be provided)
- Familiar with S/R terminology: BOL, Customs documents, packing slip, USMCA, COO
- Prior experience with hand scanners
- Understand bar-coding, lot traceability and how it works
- The ability to learn and grow within the traffic and shipping department
- Completion of High School Diploma
- Strong computer in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be able to work afternoon shift (2:30PM – 10:40PM)
- Flexible with hours as there will be occasional overtime
Multimatic offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your professional experience.