// FOLLOW US ON
// BACK TO
Location: Multimatic Special Vehicle Operations Europe, Alconbury, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
As part of a new capital investment project, Multimatic has established a new dedicated facility to manufacture carbon fibre reinforced components for the premium automotive industry. This brand new facility incorporates an extensive list of new equipment and facilities to enhance Multimatic’s leadership in this field.
Together with being part of a start-up venture, this is an exciting opportunity for anyone who desires hands-on experience with components destined for high performance vehicles, advanced composites and has a passionate interest in automobiles.
Due to this new facility, Multimatic is looking for a Quality Controller to join the successful team at Alconbury.
Multimatic, Building 3052, Alconbury Weald, Alconbury, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 4BX
· Perform in-stage and final visual inspection of composite components and tooling.
· Perform dimensional inspections using appropriate equipment.
· Understand and apply customer drawings, specifications and/or internal standards as applicable.
· Using customer drawings contribute to inspection plans and instructions.
· Review and compile inspection reports as required.
· Support goods-in inspection activities of sub-contracted processes.
· Reviewing and approving CofC documentation Prior product dispatch.
· Contribute to departmental continual improvement activities.
· Support the business in meeting delivery targets.
· Maintain strong working relationships with key departments across the business and businesses
· Follow company health and safety policies at all times.
· Experience in a similar role.
· Ability to communicate well at all levels, be self-motivated, professional in approach, with a can-do attitude.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to make informed decisions.
· Good understanding of engineering drawings.
· Experienced in using handheld measurement.
· Have a good understanding of the be able to talk through set ups and inspection techniques with inspectors, engineers and customers.
· Knowledge of composites and manufacturing processes beneficial.
· Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office package).
· Proven track record in problem solving.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.