Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems UK, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Embedded Software Engineer
Multimatic - Solving our customers’ problems through the know-how we embed in the products and services we sell.
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Milton Hall in Cambridge (UK). You will be developing software for a new range of Multimatic automotive electronic control units and will be joining a highly capable team split between the UK and Canada (Toronto). We need someone who is happy to work with others, is able to communicate well and most importantly embraces our culture - finding ways to say “yes”, meeting all commitments, being flexible, embracing challenges and ensuring we deliver excellent solutions to our customers.
You would be joining this division at a great time – early enough to make your mark, whilst also benefiting from the stability and security that our parent company provides.
Cambridge CB24 6WZ
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop and maintain embedded SW for prototype and production systems conforming to OEM and international standards.
- Develop and maintain library blocks enabling us to reuse our IP across multiple products.
- Support customer integration - on site support in parametrisation and calibration as well as troubleshooting and correction of existing code.
- Verification, validation and testing of developed software solutions for assigned projects.
- Work within a team in an agile manner allowing for flexibility and self management to complete tasks.
- Ensure processes are correctly followed whilst also working with the team to utilise and improve any area in the development or testing process which can be improved.
- University degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Control Engineering, Applied Physics or equivalent.
- Formal Software development within Aerospace, Automotive, Medical or similar embedded software development environment.
- Fluent in C for safety critical embedded applications and MISRA C guidelines.
- Experience with fixed point and floating point arithmetic.
- Experience with 32bit CPU/FPU, Interrupts, Peripherals, Realtime programming.
- An understanding of compilers, makefiles, SW build, CI SW build automation systems.
- Experience working with Vector Tools such as VFlash, CANalyzer and CanoE.
- Experience with device drivers, BSW, RTE and ASW layer code development in AUTOSAR systems, particularly with Vector MICROSAR and the DaVinci toolchain.
- Experience in MATLAB and Simulink Model development - including C code and integration.
- Use of test tools for Unit testing, SIL testing and HIL testing.
- Writing and reviewing software requirements.
- System level understanding of power electronics, DC and AC motors, motor controllers, power conversion, power storage, signal conditioning and digital communication.
- Appreciation of ISO 26262 including the ASIL risk classification scheme.