Human Resources Manager
Location: Multimatic Technical Centre, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Technical Centre (MTC), located in Markham, Ontario is a division of Multimatic Inc. MTC has a comprehensive development team supporting Multimatic’s manufacturing divisions while also providing contract engineering services to a variety of outside customers. The facility has design, analysis, controls/software/electronics (CSE), testing, prototype, composites, and motorsports departments enabling very efficient product development. MTC develops products for major automotive OEM’s and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers.
MTC is currently seeking to recruit a Human Resources & Administration Manager to join our growing team.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position serves as a key business partner on the Division's management team. This role will partner with the global Group HR Lead, to provide pro-active support and guidance on all HR functional areas with an emphasis on talent acquisition, leadership development, employee relations, employee engagement, succession planning, and immigration. The HR & Administrative Manager is also responsible for oversight over the division's administrative matters and supervise the Receptionist and Administrative Assistant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the MTC leadership team, actively participating in strategic and operational discussions as it relates to people matters; build deep Divisional understanding and act as a trusted advisor and coach to management team.
- Responsible to support all areas of Human Resources including:
- Employee performance management, recognition and retention
- Employee engagement – supports Divisional team response planning and execution to continuous improvement initiatives
- Employee training and development; leadership development
- Talent and succession planning
- Employee recruitment and onboarding – including leading the Co-op and New Graduate hiring programs
- Compliance and risk management
- Compensation - labour market awareness and salary/bonus guidance and administration
- Employee relations support – including performance management, internal dispute resolution, coaching and counselling, trend and root cause analysis
- Organizational and employee learning and development
- Absence, attendance management; claims management occupational and non-occupational injury and disease
- Employee communications
- Policy and guideline development and interpretation
- Data collection, reporting and response based on human resources KPIs
- Health, Safety and Environment
- Responsible for data integrity, security and administration of HR systems
- Coach and train management and supervision in areas of human resources, including effective employee performance management, alignment and engagement of employees, and overall talent management.
- Collaborate with global group HR Lead for the purposes of building the HR bench strength and deploying group and company HR priorities with division’s leadership team.
- Undergraduate Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business or other related discipline required, with a professional HR designation (CHRP/CHRL) preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressively responsible experience, preferably in an Engineering or professional services environment; previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of human resources polices, practices and processes as well as employment and safety laws.
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in areas of objectivity, mediation, and managing relationships
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Direct knowledge and experience in performance management, discipline and dismissal, human rights, complex attendance management and disability management issues.
- Solid problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to apply sound judgment in complex and sometimes ambiguous situations
- Strong project management and ability to manage pressure and multiple, competing priorities, as required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office package, particularly in Excel and Powerpoint; experience with HR technology is an asset (HRIS, ATS, etc.)
- Detail oriented, sound judgment and excellent client service orientation.
- Good research and analytical skills and ability to make sound recommendations.
- Team player and willing to provide guidance and coaching to other team members.
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- Strategic and pragmatic thinker; strong teamwork ethic
Key Behavioral Traits for Success:
- Hands-On, Roll-Up-Your-Sleeves approach to work with a Bias for Action – reacts promptly to issues with appropriate actions/responses
- Influencer – able to successfully influence and persuade action and support
- High energy and self-motivated; confident leading change
- Ability to thrive in a “Lean” resource conscious organization
- Capable of managing multiple challenging assignments concurrently; moving swiftly and decisively, but collaboratively and effectively with others
- Strategic thinker and effective problem solver
- Perceptive, responsible and accountable
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
Note to External Vendors/Recruitment firms: Resumes submitted by a third party will be considered unsolicited and will be added to our resume database. In addition, Multimatic will not be obligated to pay a referral fee for the hiring of a candidate by means of unsolicited resume submitted directly or indirectly to Multimatic.