Technical Sales Manager - Structures & Suspension Systems
Location: Multimatic Product Services, Novi, Michigan, United States
Posted: March 23rd, 2023
Multimatic Product Services (MPS) specializes in providing account management/ sales and product engineering support internally to the business units and externally to the customer base. Giving employees the opportunity to work with the most sophisticated technologies, manufacturing operations and automotive customers in the global market.
Position: Technical Sales Manager – Sales Organization
Who you’ll work with:
• You’ll report to the Director of Sales and Engineering
• Internal: Sales Team, Technical Service Managers, Product Engineers, Manufacturing and Engineering, etc.
• External: OEM customers; Design and Release Engineers, Engineering, Purchasing, etc.
• Represent the company as the key customer interface for Multimatic’s Global Manufacturing and Engineering centers
• Exchange commercial information and build relationships within the company and its customers as a reliable local presence
• Initiate and lead commercial discussions and quote proposals
• Pursue new business opportunities with customers, market segments, and products that satisfy the needs of the company
• Lead the quoting efforts for commercial negotiations and provide information required to develop responses
• Attend customer meetings as a liaison directly interfacing with customers and representing the manufacturing division to meet requests and objectives
• Participate in open issues meetings with the company’s global manufacturing facilities, engineering centers, and automotive manufacturers
• Lead the development of customer technical review presentations for new business opportunities, ongoing business and high level management reviews
• Identify and proactively support discussions to determine strategic direction to enhance profitability and proficiency of Multimatic
You have to have (requirements):
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited University
• Automotive Industry experience (10+ years) in technical sales at a Tier-1 supplier or equivalent
• An understanding of OEM processes, systems and products
• Experience with Automotive body structures, chassis and suspension engineering and sales; including safety related structures is preferred
• Experience with engineering disciplines: GD&T, DFMEA, PPAP/PSW, QOS, etc.
• A high level of proficiency using; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. CAD expertise – CATIA, UG, etc.
• A solutions based customer relations approach with clear written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and valid documentation to travel internationally, for customer visits to our technical center for engineering reviews, manufacturing site visits, and launch support activities
• Passion, an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to demonstrate perseverance/GRIT
Our work environment and physical demands:
• The ability to work in an office environment
• This may include sitting or standing for the majority of the day
• Although infrequent you may need to lift, carry, push, and pull material
• Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Multimatic Product Services is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Located in Novi, MI off of Seeley/Grand River between Haggerty and Meadowbrook
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.