Location: Multimatic EU-Matic, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Scope of Position :
The Commodity is responsible for the strategic management of specific categories within the supply base to leverage Multimatic’s buying power through global consolidation of spend, cost analytics, strategic supplier relationships, and key market intelligence.
- Develop strategy for assigned commodities to achieve material costs savings targets through detailed analysis of current spend, including consolidation and/or localization opportunities.
- Aggressively pursue the commodity strategy to ensure competitive advantage / product cost leadership for Multimatic.
- Ensure that the commodity strategy evolves to support changing market conditions and risk considerations (ie. CUSMA, Brexit, etc.).
- Ensure execution of key projects through close collaboration with the cross-functional team
- Participate in regular purchasing team meetings, sharing updates on KPIs and action plans or continuous improvement ideas to close gaps to target.
- Define strategic suppliers within the assigned commodities (based on quality, delivery, and cost) and foster strong relationships through regular contact and on-site supplier visits.
- Negotiate global supply agreements with key suppliers, including LTAs, rebates, etc.
- Develop should-cost models by product family through analysis of best manufacturing process and market intelligence on raw materials, labour rates, etc.
- Closely monitor the supply market with regards to pricing, commodity trends, supplier capacity, supplier news, industry news and new product/process developments.
- Identify potential new suppliers in current and developing best cost markets and assess their capabilities to offer a competitive advantage over the existing supply-base.
- Maintain the latest AVL for the assigned commodities including supplier status (ie. strategic, business hold, potential, etc.) based on latest supplier performance (QDC).
- Support Supplier Development on audits and/or VAVE activities with the supply-base.
- Support new customer projects through on-time quote submission to the NPI / AQP teams, including assessment of detailed cost breakdown and supplier recommendation.
- Responsible to ensure that recommended supplier selection meets the direction of the strategic plan including all core criteria of the Approved Vendor List (AVL).
- Negotiate with vendors on commercial terms and technical aspects to achieve targets.
- Visit suppliers as required to understand cost, quality, efficiency and overall supplier performance and capability.
Qualifications / Skills Required :
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, Economics or equivalent.
- Experience in purchasing or supply chain, with a strong understanding of product and process should-cost methods.
- Proven negotiation techniques and understanding of automotive industry best practices.
- Experience with supplier interaction for VAVE and cost reduction programs and processes.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean concepts and driving operational excellence.
- Broad understanding of manufacturing processes (ie. machining, stamping, forging, casting, plastics, electronics, fasteners, etc.)
- Familiar with Supply Chain concepts and Incoterms.
- Self-starter and proactive. Ability to successfully engage and interact with all levels of employees in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able read, write, and speak English. Other language skills would be beneficial.
- Must possess the ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Must have a good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and SAP.
- Familiar with IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards.
- Must have UK right to work
Closing date for applications is November 30th 2023