Supplier Development Engineer
Location: Multimatic EU-Matic, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Scope of the Role :- To manage, enhance and improve supplier performance related to quality, cost and delivery. Proactively develop suppliers to meet current and future business requirements utilizing supplier assessment audits, on-site reviews and provide supplier training as needed. Ensure that supplier’s capabilities meet the requirements as specified by the print and are capable of meeting volume demands to ultimately satisfy customer requirements. Managing the suppliers for new program launches and supporting successful PPAP submission to divisions.
Key Responsibilities :
- Organize and prioritize work with various suppliers using schedules, action trackers, meeting minutes and other business documents/tools.
- Managing and supporting suppliers for successfully Supplier Launch Readiness on new programs.
- Support APQP project milestones that result in an on-time PPAP submission.
- Review supplier PPAP’s and prepare the same for approval by Management.
- Lead supplier run-at-rate / PSO and capacity studies document and submit to APQP.
- Develop a method and action items matrix to closely follow-up any open items for correction
- Implement and verify corrective actions in a timely fashion on-site at supplier locations.
- Provide trip reports, action items and minutes of meetings on completion of supplier reviews.
- Actively participate in supplier PSO process as required.
- Support supplier selection by conducting on-site robust quality audits. Provide timely reports and recommendations to the purchasing team.
- Provide leadership during investigation of major quality concerns. Lead supplier activity during containment, root cause investigation and permanent actions resolution.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership cultivating positive, open relationships with the supply base.
- Promote and enforcement of the quality standards as defined in the Multimatic Supplier Quality Manual within the supply base placing emphasis upon development and continuous improvement.
- Act as a liaison between the supplier, APQP, plant quality, and purchasing as required.
- Review data pertaining to the issues noted on DMN’s, including actions and costs, as an escalation path from the divisions.
- Develop and maintain an organized record keeping system that ensures accurate data related to audits, actions and that all supplier activities are accessible to the required team within Multimatic.
- Drive supplier improvements utilizing Lean methods, supplier KPI’s and continuous Kaizen strategies.
- Follow all general procedures where applicable as indicated in the GENERAL PROCEDURES section of the level III Procedure manual.
- Follow all DEPARTMENTAL GENERAL PROCEDURES as well as procedures or process maps for this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in compliance and conform to IATF16949 and ISO14001 standards.
Basic Requirements :
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Automotive Manufacturing Engineering, Quality, or Supply Chain (or similar manufacturing environment)
- Process/Quality Engineering experience would be a definite asset.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of APQP, PPAP’s and Project Management.
- Desirable Training in project management and Project Management Professional Certificate (PMP-PMI)
- Good Computer skills including knowledge of MS project, Excel, Word and others.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of IATF16949 / ISO14001 systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with suppliers and various departments in a multicultural global environment.
- Must be able to travel.
- Must have UK Right to work
Closing date for applications is March 31st 2024