Production Operator - Night Shift
Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Ride Dynamics (MRD) is one of the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. Multimatic Ride Dynamics is looking for a Production Operator who will be responsible for operation of machines, equipment and tools used to assemble product for our customers, and ensuring that products made conform to customer requirements. The candidate must be available for the night shift.
Plant Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics - 1100 Stackhouse Road, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 8E4, Canada
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operation of precise small component assembly, riveting, staking, and other Production machines either automatic or manually operated, as assigned.
- Use of checking fixtures and other measuring and gauging equipment to test and determine compliance to customer requirements.
- Responsible for counting and labelling of finished components and the recording of all appropriate production information.
- Enters accurate information into the inventory system using bar coding and computer facilities.
- Records trends on appropriate forms (e.g. XR charts, lot control forms, production reports etc.).
- Responsible to check assemblies to fixtures, gauges, tools or visual inspection aids (e.g. inspection instructions, operator instructions etc.) as outlined in the CP.
- Ensures work area and machines are clean and safe at all times. Wearing gloves and shoe covers when assembling components. Diligently following cleanliness checks for fixtures and general room inspections and completing sign off’s when required.
- Work in a safe manner and observe safety rules and regulations.
- Responsible for pointing out problems and concerns on quality, productivity or safety related matters.
- Participate as a team member supporting CI concepts and principles.
- Perform any other reasonable assignments given by supervision or management.
- Performs maintenance tasks such as tool changes, and set-up of equipment.
- Will work in compliance with all legislative requirements of the OHSA and will be accountable for specific Health & Safety responsibilities, as outlined under “Safety & Environmental Responsibilities – Office & Production Employees".
- Perform finished goods inspection as per the control plan and operator instructions as required.
- In the event of nonconformance, halt the operation and inform the leadhand or supervisor.
- Ensure that non-conform material is identified with a reject tag or placed in the reject container.
- Ensure that the work area and machinery is clean and safe at all times.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a high school diploma.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Meet or exceed company standards after experience is acquired.
- Ability to operate any and all equipment if necessary.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.