Location: Multimatic Inmet, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Inmet manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume vehicle manufacturers.
Multimatic Inmet is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer that will be responsible for increasing company profitability and improving employee working conditions by studying, recommending and implementing changes to existing and new manufacturing processes. They will also be accountable for collaborating with Program Managers on new and existing program engineering requirements and process development.
- Develop and co-ordinate plant and equipment layout improvements, process improvements, to prepare Company for Just-In-Time manufacturing and TQC (Total Quality Control)
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard costs for all products
- Co-ordinate and follow up on the smooth introduction of new product to the company assist in selecting appropriate suppliers for subcontracted operations
- Research and pursue any potential operational opportunities for improvement in the Company's Operation to make the Company competitive in a JIT Manufacturing Environment.
- Advise Management of any potential problems and opportunities for improvement
- Assist with any other projects as requested by the Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Participates in the engineering change (ecn) process by designing / updating Process Failure Mode Effects Analyses (PFMEAs) as needed, reviewing all operators instructions, ensuring assembly equipment readiness, packaging requirements are met, and all other Process Engineering tasks are completed on the ECN Checklist before the change effective date
- Maintains regular daily presence on the production floor and provides engineering support to assembly in areas of safety, ergonomic evaluations, methods improvement, procurement and fabrication of necessary equipment to improve/complete any required process additions and/or alterations, and responding to their concerns/suggestions
- Consider all aspects of industrial plant engineering when designing and/or implementing process changes
- Research, investigate and report manufacturing problems/concerns for improvement
- Implementing corrective actions to minimize process downtimes and rejected parts
- Works in compliance with IATF16949, IO14001, and legislative requirements of the OHSA
- College Diploma or University Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum (3) Three years’ experience in a related field or discipline, experience with welded assemblies an asset
- Good knowledge of manufacturing, processes, production reporting
- Strong Technical Report writing abilities.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees in the organization.
- Computer skills in the area of MS Office, and CAD (Solidworks)
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Multimatic Inmet offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply with a copy of your resume, and cover letter stating salary expectations.