Process/CNC Application Engineer
Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Ride Dynamics (MRD) is one of the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. Multimatic Ride Dynamics is looking for a Process/CNC Application Engineer who will be responsible for planning, designing, coordinating, and installing CNC machine and industrial equipment in a manufacturing setting. Operate and maintain CNC machine tools.
Multimatic Ride Dynamics - 1100 Stackhouse Road, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 8E4, Canada
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop/write/edit CNC programs as required.
- Track consumable tooling costs, change over times, scrap, and production productivity.
- Support hiring of setup/operators and training of setup/operators, as required.
- Develop and co-ordinate plant and equipment layout improvements, process improvements, tool changes, and first off improvements.
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard costs for all products.
- Co-ordinate and follow up on the smooth introduction of new products to the company and assist in selecting appropriate suppliers for subcontracted operations.
- Co-ordinate the proper timing of ECN's to minimize obsolete stock and ensure production at the required engineering level.
- Research and pursue opportunities for improvement in the operation to increase organization competitiveness.
- Participate in the engineering change process by designing and updating Process Failure Mode Effects Analyses as needed.
- Review all operator instructions and ensure the readiness of manufacturing equipment, packaging requirements, and completion of all manufacturing engineering tasks.
- Maintain a daily presence on the production floor. Provide engineering support to manufacturing in the areas of ergonomic evaluations, method improvements, the procurement and fabrication of equipment, and safety.
- Research, investigate, and report manufacturing concerns for improvement of overall plant productivity. This includes process cost reductions and implementation of corrective actions to minimize process downtimes and rejects.
- Support APQP activities by evaluating blueprints and recommending machining processes.
- Advise Management of any potential problems and opportunities for improvement.
- Complete additional projects as assigned.
- Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Department Manager.
- Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
- Work in compliance and conform to the Environment and ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen principles; participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities
Education and Experience:
- Completion of a college diploma or university degree in an engineering discipline. Mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a related field or discipline.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems.
- Good Technical Report writing abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and C.A.D.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.