Automation Technician - Afternoon Shift
Location: Multimatic Ride Dynamics, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Ride Dynamics (MRD) is one of the newest of Multimatic’s North American divisions. Multimatic Ride Dynamics is looking for a Automation Technician who will repair and maintain robotic devices and computer controlled systems. The successful candidate will be providing manufacturing departments with well maintained equipment and ensuring quality. This position is for the Afternoon shift.
Multimatic Ride Dynamics - 1100 Stackhouse Road, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 8E4, Canada
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all maintenance and repair work in either plant or grounds.
- Assure all quality specifications are met by continuously monitoring the processes on the equipment assigned.
- Troubleshoot all aspects of the process as required.
- Maintain spare parts and components inventory at appropriate levels. Inform the Operations Manager of low levels or shortage of parts or components in stock.
- Maintain up to date documentation of all equipment. This includes documenting all changes and alterations made to equipment and program backups.
- Solve maintenance related problems with minimum interruption to production.
- Actively participate in Preventative Maintenance Program and down time reduction process. This includes following the PMP schedule and completing PMP checklists.
- Prepare list of all problems encounter during the shift and other necessary reports.
- Document all work orders in the Maintenance Software system on a daily basis.
- Assist in training all new Automation Technicians. This includes junior Automation Technicians and apprentices where applicable.
- Participate in the development and implementation of latest technologies to improve productivity and/or quality.
- Participate in all maintenance related training in order to upgrade skills and knowledge to meet changing technologies customer, government and health and safety requirements.
- Make recommendations to improve equipment efficiency and cost reduction. This includes manufacturing, repairs and installations of parts, components, services and equipment.
- Advise Operations Manager of any potential problems and offer solutions to correct it.
- Actively participate in preparation of safety and operation procedures.
- Ensure and maintain clear and safe working conditions.
- Follow all departmental and general procedures where applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or Operations Manager.
- Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
- Work in compliance and conform to the Environment and ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 standards.
- Adopt and practice Kaizen principles; participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of post-secondary education in robotics / PLC programming related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in robotics / PLC programming
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic systems and tools.
- Experience with mechanical systems.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Good knowledge of basic electrical systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. Learn more about us at www.multimatic.com.
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume. We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.