Controls Software Engineer
Location: Multimatic Electronic Systems UK, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Controls Software Engineer
Multimatic - Solving our customers’ problems through the know-how we embed in the products and services we sell.
Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking a Controls Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Milton Hall in Cambridge (UK). You will be developing software for a new range of Multimatic automotive electronic control units and will be joining a highly capable team split between the UK and Canada (Toronto). We need someone who is happy to work with others, is able to communicate well and most importantly embraces our culture - finding ways to say “yes”, meeting all commitments, being flexible, embracing challenges and ensuring we deliver excellent solutions to our customers.
You would be joining this division at a great time – early enough to make your mark, whilst also benefiting from the stability and security that our parent company provides.
Cambridge CB24 6WZ
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and maintain software for automotive suspension, power closures and active aero control systems.
- Develop and maintain library blocks enabling us to re-use our IP across multiple products.
- Assist with requirements capture and architecture design.
- Assist with development and maintaining controls algorithms and software functions for our systems.
- Testing of developed software solutions for assigned projects (PIL, SIL, MIL etc).
- Work within a team in an agile manner allowing for flexibility and self-management to complete tasks.
- Ensure processes are correctly followed, whilst also looking for opportunities to improve the process.
- University degree or equivalent in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Control Engineering, Applied Physics or equivalent.
- Highly experienced in Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow.
- Understanding of autocode generation
- Experience in MIL and SIL testing.
- Understanding of Floating point and Fixed point arithmetic.
- Experience developing controls algorithms and software architectures, with vehicle testing.
- Formal software development within Aerospace, Automotive, Medical or similar software development environment.
- Use of test tools for Unit testing, SIL testing, HIL testing.
- Writing and reviewing software requirements.
- Understanding of power electronics, brushed & brushless DC and AC motors, motor controllers, power conversion, power storage, signal conditioning and digital communication.
- Appreciation of ISO 26262 including the ASIL risk classification scheme.
- Hands on mechanical experience and understanding of vehicles is an asset.
Multimatic is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing date for applications is September 11th 2023