Group Program Manager
Location: Multimatic Niche Vehicles NA, Markham, Ontario, Canada
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Program Manager to lead and manage global cross-functional teams to support all aspects of a successful program from development of the customer quotation, launch coordination including all timing aspects, engineering, testing, quality, and profitability. Reporting directly to the Director of New Model Programs and Business Development, the ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of program management, manufacturing processes, and finance basics. The Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring the success of projects from initiation to closure, including project planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and risk management.
- Support the Director of New Model Programs and Business Development to establish and implement short, medium and long-term group strategies.
- Develop and maintain program budgets
- Develop resource plans to support new/pre-mature divisions for successful program launches
- Support and train the divisional program management team (globally) as needed.
- Collect and understand program information from internal and external customers
- Champion the quoting process for prototype and production quotes & timing
- Develop and maintain program timelines
- Participate in procurement contract negotiations
- Conduct program milestone reviews with divisions and track open issues
- Coordinate and review all product signoffs
- Work with Advanced Purchasing to provide an interface between Engineering and Purchasing to establish early cost inputs into the BOM
- Develop and maintain the working costed BOM prior to plant transfer and migration into SAP
- Ensure containment of new processes and parts until production stabilizes
- Communicate APQP information to customers, suppliers, sales, and plant personnel
- Manage program kick-off meetings & assign tasks to relevant team members for global programs.
- Maintain customer interface (Customer Program Management, Engineering and Purchasing).
- Responsible for generating statements of work, project feasibility and risk assessment for global programs as required.
- Support President's Message
- Adopt and encourage KAIZEN and GEAR activities
- Follow all departmental and general procedures
- Work in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, or a related field
- MBA in project management / PMP is an asset.
- Minimum 8+ years of auto industry experience with 5+ years of program management experience is a must.
- Must be able to read and fully interpret Engineering Drawings and Standards (Applicable GD&T knowledge preferred).
- Strong financial acumen with experience in costing and budgeting
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and Bill of Materials
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to identify issues and develop effective solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Project and Excel
Frequent travel and fluency in English are required.
If you meet these qualifications and want to take your career to the next level, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and opportunities for professional growth and development.
Closing date for applications is December 9th 2023