Location: Multimatic Special Vehicle Operations Europe, Thetford, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world.
We are looking for a Purchasing Assistant to support the Purchasing team with sourcing, negotiating and procurement (including expediting) of goods and services to ensure that project requirements are met taking into account, price, quality and delivery. These activities will be undertaken in conjunction with development and maintenance of a project Bills-of-Materials, tooling requirements and associated purchasing administrative services as required.
20 Fison Way
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Purchasing team to support with the purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Support the operations function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on the project
- Work closely with Programme & Production Managers to ensure timely supply of goods to meet the demands of the programme, to include the expediting deliveries.
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Analysis stock levels to determine appropriate order schedules
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Execute other purchasing administrative activities
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.