Location: Multimatic Indiana - New Haven, Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Multimatic Structures & Suspension has expanded its manufacturing presence in Fort Wayne, IN. We are searching for a dynamic individual who desires to join an energetic and dedicated team.
CURRENTLY, WE ARE SEARCHING FOR A
Multimatic is a global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s success has been fueled by its ability to attract and motivate a team of highly skilled and passionate individuals who want to make a difference. With expanding facilities around the world, including in Canada, the US, the UK, Germany, Mexico, Japan and China, there is always room in Multimatic’s growing team for people who share a dedication to technical excellence, quality and enthusiasm.
Why Work For Multimatic?
- Great benefits
first day of employment; (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-off, & 401k match, Company provided Uniforms, & PPE reimbursement programs)
- Tuition Assistance for Apprenticeships & other continuing education programs
- An excellent opportunity to be part of a new plant expansion
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT road and race cars, Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers)
Multimatic New Haven
2808 Adams Center Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana USA 46803
Manages or directs all activities and performance of the Quality Technicians. Ensures all quality processes & procedures are followed to assure that products are manufactured utilizing current manufacturing procedures and that design intent is achieved. Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws and meets or exceeds the Company’s commitment of providing superior part quality & reliability to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of Quality Technicians across all 3-shifts.
- Responsible for adherence to all plant policies & procedures including Safety, Quality, Cost & Delivery.
- Provides timely & effective communication, coordination and interaction with
all departments for quality problem resolutions for plant personnel as needed.
- Conduct periodic Time-Studies for efficient use of Quality Technician’s time in relation to their job responsibilities.
- Provides training, tools, direction and sets priorities for all Quality Technicians across all 3 shifts daily or as needed.
- Regularly provides performance feedback to the Quality Technicians.
- Performs yearly performance reviews with Quality Technicians.
regular audits on each shift for: Scrap, First-Offs and other audits as directed.
- Lead, supervise & coordinate internal sorting of non-conforming material(s)/parts. Assist as needed and ensure proper data collection & documentation is obtained & communicated.
- Responsible for insuring Quality Alerts are issued, communicated, tracked for relevancy and removed when expired or updated/modified versions are posted.
- Assist, as needed in performing capability studies, GRR, and other studies as needed.
- Participate in Preventative and Corrective Action activities.
- Review all safety and critical part characteristics to insure proper tests are being performed and results are recorded and communicated.
- Lead and manage floor activities that ensure product quality is managed and maintained through APQP process.
- Responsible for the administration and disposition of product being held in the Quality Hold Area.
- Perform other duties/assignments as necessary or defined.
Directly supervises associates in the Quality Department that include Quality Technicians across all shifts. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates; safety, planning, assigning and directing work; appraisal performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor or Associate Degree preferred but, at least a high school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4 years’ experience in a Quality Supervisor or managerial position in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Experience with metal processing field is preferred.