Material Handler - Afternoon Shift
Location: Multimatic Inmet, Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic Inmet manufactures fully engineered, high-quality components, assemblies and systems such as bumpers and chassis/body structural components for high-volume vehicle manufacturers.
Multimatic Inmet is currently recruiting a Material Handler within our Assembly Department. This role will be responsible for moving raw materials, and finished goods within the department.
Multimatic Inmet 35 West Wilmot Street Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 1L7
- Completes daily safety inspection on forklift before start-up and completes check list.
- Reports safety concerns to the Supervisor.
- Performs job preparation with guidance from Supervisor, and or Area Leader.
- Loads or unloads components or assemblies per scheduled requirements.
- Moves empty or full containers into their designated areas as required.
- Checks for proper labelling identification before moving containers.
- Utilises bar code system in supplying materials to the line.
- Reports any abnormalities in packaging/components to dept. Management.
- Keeps aisles, exits, and fire routes clear of containers, materials and/or any sharp objects.
- Responds to any part shortage requests from the operators.
- Stores damaged containers in a designated area complete with identification tag.
- Ensure proper stock rotation
- Responsible for identifying problems and concerns on quality, productivity or safety related matters.
- Participate as a team member supporting Kaizen principles and concepts.
- Be aware of production schedule requirements.
- Performs any other reasonable assignment given by the Supervisor or Management.
- Work in compliance with IATF16949 and ISO14001 Standards
- Will work in compliance with all legislative requirements of the OHSA
- Minimum 6 months experience in an assembly manufacturing plant.
- Minimum 1 year Forklift (counterbalance) driving experience preferred
- Valid Forklift driver’s license required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Solid knowledge of the processes and components used at Inmet
- Flexible with hours as there will be occasional overtime
- Must be able to work Afternoon shift (2:30PM – 10:40PM)
Multimatic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, as well as a friendly work environment. To apply for this career opportunity, click below on "APPLY NOW" and send us your resume and cover letter outlining your experience.