Location: Multimatic Indiana - New Haven, Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Multimatic Structures & Suspension has expanded its manufacturing presence in Fort Wayne, IN. We are searching for a dynamic individual who desires to join an energetic and dedicated team.
CURRENTLY, WE ARE SEARCHING FOR AN
Multimatic is a global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s success has been fueled by its ability to attract and motivate a team of highly skilled and passionate individuals who want to make a difference. With expanding facilities around the world, including in Canada, the US, the UK, Germany, Mexico, Japan and China, there is always room in Multimatic’s growing team for people who share a dedication to technical excellence, quality and enthusiasm.
Why Work For Multimatic?
- Great benefits
first day of employment; (e.g. Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time-off, & 401k match, Company provided Uniforms, & PPE reimbursement programs)
- Tuition Assistance for Apprenticeships & other continuing education programs
- An excellent opportunity to be part of a new plant expansion
- Perhaps best known as constructor of the new Ford GT road and race cars, Multimatic's products also span a wide range of automotive mechanisms, structures and suspension systems (including Formula 1 race dampers)
Multimatic New Haven
2808 Adams Center Road
Fort Wayne, Indiana USA 46803
Improve the profitability and competitiveness of the company by ensuring the timeliness and continuous improvement in current and future programs. To track and maintain correspondence with the customer and appropriate departments to achieve the customers’ requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of program management and sales co-ordination, as outlined by the General Manager, Assistant General Manager or designated person, up to and including prototypes, pre-production sample, production start-up, customer launch and monitoring the overall program throughout production.
- Oversee all engineering changes within the company.
- Ensure that the product is being manufactured to all engineering/customer and manufacturing specifications.
- In case of a quality concern, you will be consulted, involved and be fully engaged in resolving the issue at hand.
- Ensure that all drawings, fixtures, etc. are up to date, making sure that all customer requirements and specifications are met.
- Responsible to keep the communication lines open between the various departments, including production, tool room, quality assurance and engineering departments. This also includes communicating with associates at other Multimatic Divisions as necessary.
- Responsible to keep Management informed on a regular basis as to the status of all programs. In case of any critical items on the program, you will be responsible to bring this to Managements attention immediately.
- Act as a liaison between customer and company.
- Be involved and provide technical support on all product launches both within the company and at the customer.
- Follow up on correspondence with the customer either verbally and/or in writing concerning all aspects of the project.
- Investigate, analyze and present cost savings proposals to management and then to customer.
- Lead, facilitate, or participate in any presentations made to the customer.
- Ensure all correspondence pertaining to programs are tracked and distributed accordingly.
- Investigate and keep abreast of new state of the art technologies which may enhance the profitability of the company.
- Assist in engineering and manufacturing feasibility studies.
- Assist in preparation of quotes and work with purchasing in procuring quotes for current and future cost saving proposals.
- Establish program timing parameters and ensure schedules are maintained.
- Analyze and assist in tooling and manufacturing process development for opportunities to improve costs and increase inventory turnovers.
- Work with Process Engineers and related department managers/supervisors to plan and implement new or revised process flows for improving plant layout and efficiencies.
- Work with financial controller and senior management to establish an annual budget as prescribed by the business plan.
- Follow up on future business opportunities.
- Assist in the procuring and sourcing of tooling and equipment for new programs. Ensure said tooling/equipment complies with the companies and customer’s specifications, standards and expectations.
- Tracks and analyze all program costs and ensures cost stay with budget. Any deviance will be reported to AGM.
- Establish measurement indicators for cost improvements, efficiencies, etc.
- Dedicate your efforts towards maximizing the profitability of the company.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the company and its business.
- Occasionally participate in and provide expert advice to “Employee Involvement Teams”.
- Aid in meeting or exceeding all objectives/requirements of the business plan.
- Perform other duties as determined by the General Manager, Assistant General Manager or designated person.
- Maintain good employee relations.
- Observe all company safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Will work in compliance with all legislative requirements of OSHA and will be accountable for specific health and safety responsibilities.
- Ensure a high standard of business ethics are maintained.
- Work in compliance with ISO 14001 / TS 16949 standards.
- Ensures that customer contact is maintained on a regular basis through personal visits to customer facility as required.
- Ensures that General Manager, Assistant General Manager or designated person is updated on a continuous basis regarding program status.
- Must be able to work independently, must present an image to customer of total company commitment, maintain ownership of projects and work effectively with others to Co-ordinate all aspects of the job.
- In the event of receiving customer concern while on shift duty (verbal or electronic) issue a customer/concern report and include the Production Manager and QA Manager. Depending on the magnitude of concern; contact the managers at home using the contact list.
- Maintains due diligence in regard to environmental matters, minimize any potentially harmful accidents and work in compliance with ISO 14001.
- Ensures that an environmental aspect list is completed and updated as necessary for all of your programs.
Manages all Program Managers
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, tool and die design or industrial engineering or equivalent experience. Ten years’ experience in either engineering, tooling or program management. Additionally, minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility. Automotive background as asset. Excellent problem solving techniques. Frequent travel as required by company or customer. Training in SPC, FMEA, DOE, PFMEA, DDI, GD&T, APQP. Computer skills in the areas of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.