Business Solutions Analyst - SAP Master Data Governance
Location: Multimatic IT, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a privately held, global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems, and services to the automotive industry. The company’s core competencies include the development and manufacture of complex mechanisms and body hardware, suspension systems and body structural components as well as the design, engineering, and development of light weight composite automotive systems.
Multimatic's IT group is located in Markham, Ontario, and we are currently seeking a Business Solutions Analyst, reporting to the Manager, Business Solutions.
Scope of Position:
The IT Business Solutions Analyst, SAP Master Data Governance is a subject matter expert within SAP MDG application domain and will work closely with the Business Solutions team members, and across multiple functional areas to deliver solutions to support the harmonization of master data through Multimatic. The incumbent will apply SAP leading practices to safeguard against solution designs within SAP MDG, supporting applications that impact business processes and protecting the integrity of our ERP landscape and all non-SAP systems
The role requires hands-on experience in ensuring the operational integrity of applications supporting master data governance.
- Translate business requirements into functional requirements/specifications
- Identify and design solution options with detailed work estimates for implementation
- Build/execute test scenarios and configure the approved design solution
- Support the handover and testing of application development
- Performing root cause analysis on defects and implementing permanent fixes to address issues
- Interpret, validate customer/business process requirements; perform detailed analysis of complex business process requirements; identify gaps and provide appropriate solutions; design, customize, configure, and test the solutions in various areas with integrations with other SAP modules and legacy systems
- Provide training to users from various departments to ensure their understanding of the systems/processes/functions that they are required to use
- SQL skills, expert Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms. Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, One Stream, Salesforce etc
- Experience and good understanding of software development lifecycle methodologies
- Good understanding of manufacturing process and support divisions with day-to-day issues
- Experience within a manufacturing environment (Automotive would be a very nice to have!)
- Help to develop and implement “best practices” to ensure the most “optimum” process/operation cross divisions/plants
- Review submitted requests for changes; evaluate what if any impact it may have to other customer programs, processes, departments, or divisions; provide functional/technical documents for customization/development and user manual; complete deployment with testing and user training
- Provide support for other legacy systems and processes and participate in rotating 24/7 after hour support of all Multimatic systems located in different countries as required
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by Business Solutions Manager
- University degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Materials Master Governance and full lifecycle experience in implementing SAP MDG solutions for
- Possess the necessary skills to configure, implement and support SAP MDG applications
- Experience in Integrating business process requirements with the technical implementation of SAP Master Data Governance
- Experience in full cycle implementation as well as in production support projects in manufacturing environments; and experience in automotive industry is preferred
- Understanding of database design & queries
- Expert analytical and problem-solving skills
- SAP S/4 Hana experience an asset
- A good team player with excellent communication and organization skills
- Office environment: approximately 15% travel required to local Multimatic office/production locations.
Closing date for applications is February 17th 2023