This is an inactive post!
Location: Multimatic IT, Markham, Ontario, Canada
Multimatic is a privately held, global enterprise supplying engineered components, systems and services to the automotive industry. The company’s core competencies include the development and manufacture of complex mechanisms and body hardware, suspension systems and body structural components as well as the design, engineering and development of light weight composite automotive systems.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting the Corporate IT server and storage infrastructure, as well as acting as an escalation resource for all Infrastructure and Operations support staff across the globe, in an efficient and accurate manner.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization environment.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of IT infrastructure.
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures.
- Lead desktop and Service Desk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance
- Research, implement and manage Office 365 and Azure technologies.
- Provide 2nd / 3rd level VMware & Microsoft Server backend infrastructure support to globally located technical teams.
- Evaluation and recommendation of new technical products/services.
- Manage Security vulnerability in partnership with IT Security Team.
- Monitor server hardware inventory ensuring life cycle refreshes.
- Work with third party vendors & resellers for hardware and software procurement.
- Assist in the planning and adherence to annual IT budgets.
- Monitor global server infrastructures to ensure availability and perform necessary maintenance to maintain 24/7 availability.
- Apply IT industry best practices, standards, and resources to ensure continuous optimization of IT service delivery.
- Lead and or support major incidents investigations and response activities.
- Help facilitate POC activities from start to final rollout.
- Participates in all aspects of project management life cycle including but not limited to information gathering, requirements, analysis and execution.
- Participate in rotational “On Call” after hours and emergency support model.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 5 years’ experience with Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, Sharepoint) both in deployment and administration
- 5 years’ experience with Azure in design, new deployments and administration
- 5-10 years’ experience with the following:-
- Windows W7/W10,
- Windows Server 2003-2019,
- Exchange 2013, 2016 and M365,
- Microsoft Outlook 2003-M365.
- Microsoft Office 2013/2016/365.
- Active Directory administration,
- WSUS/SCCM/Patch Management,
- ITSM :- JIRA or similar enterprise ticketing
- Backup Technology :- Backup Exec Veeam,
- Monitoring Tools – Solarwinds, Ignio or other enterprise tools.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework. Certification is an asset.
- Working knowledge of WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi Technology, Microsoft technologies and protocols, Remote Collaboration tools MS Teams.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows scripting / batch language / logging / auditing.
- PC & Server hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent English communications skills - both written and verbal.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Azure Administrator/Engineer/Architect Certification an asset.
- Strong customer support experience.
- Global travel (Canada, US, Europe, Mexico, China,) if/when required.
- Microsoft SQL / MySQL Server experience a plus.
- Linux experience a plus.
- PKI experience a plus
- Office environment: approximately 15% travel required to local Multimatic office/production locations.
Closing date for applications is September 22nd 2023
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.