Location: Multimatic EU-Matic, Coventry, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Multimatic EU-Matic is a state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Coventry, United Kingdom. It is Multimatic’s European base for mechanisms production, supplying automotive customers with competitive, high-quality hinges and door checks. EU-Matic is currently looking for a Kaizen Champion who will ensure standardized Kaizen processes and systems are implemented across the division as well as being the champion for Kaizen KPIs and reporting.
Multimatic EU-Matic Herald Avenue Coventry Business Park, Coventry United Kingdom CV5 6UB
Key Responsibilities :
- Define objectives, goals and milestones, with Plant Manager
- Coordinate the deployment strategy, planning and implementation processes.
- Train cross-functional teams on required Kaizen knowledge, tools and practices.
- Support both office and shop floor teams (coaching, mentoring, and guidance).
- Involve all employees in the manufacturing business system utilizing Lean Manufacturing methods and process improvement strategies through alignment with global leadership.
- Track implementation activities and identify process deviations/roadblocks. Coordinate and propose identification of alternatives and solutions to plant teams and senior leadership.
- Drive and support process reviews and improvement potentials, reporting status to plant teams and senior leadership.
- Work in a safe manner at all times.
- Performs internal Kaizen practice audits.
- Monitors Kaizen continuous improvement projects (implemented by division managers and employees)
- Assurance of minimum Kaizen training requirements in the division (including the onboarding of new employees)
- Best practicing sharing
- Report out on Kaizen KPIs
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Lean Manufacturing Principles and Concepts.
- Lead Kaizen and GEAR activities.
- Coordinates the training processes, planning and resourcing, ensuring acquaintance with lean knowledge requirements.
- Coordinates the approval, with General Manager & Plant Manager, of new lay-outs and/or other organizational critical changes (processes, facilities, procedures, resources).
- Coordinates Kaizen tools, including GEARS program.
Basic Requirements :
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Automotive Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, or Program Management.
- Understanding of World Class Manufacturing (WCM) strategies and tools would be an asset.
- Good Computer skills including knowledge of MS project, Excel, Word and others.
- Knowledge of IATF16949/ISO 14001 systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively interact with cross-functional teams in a multicultural global environment.
- Must be able to travel.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English with excellent communication skills.
- UK right to work
Closing date for applications is October 6th 2023
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities, recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for applicants with disabilities.